Whites Fusion Drysuit - are they tough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the hijack, thought the thread was finished. Started a new one.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch, we will be throwing some into our rental fleet here soon, and now I can answer my customers question. You guys rock.
where's your store. Maybe I'll come by and rent one for a day

The store is on McDonald Park Road West, head out to the Swartz bay ferry to vancouver, we are on the left as you pass Sidney on the highway, between the u-haul and triangle RV. (Look out for the dive flags) I would suggest taking the left at beacon towards the airport, then follow that road past slegg lumber. as soon as you see the UHaul you wll come across a sandwich board with an arrow. There is a map on our website Sidney Dive Centre - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I am throwing a fusion tech L/XL and a sport Small into the fleet, and your certainly welcome to them. We're also starting to book charters with Emerald Sea Adventures, if you have some friends to bring we could arrange a run out to the GB Church or the Mackenzie. The number is 250 858 9337

Well, I just got back from diving Deep Cove with our rental Fusion Tech's virgin dive, personaly I have not put any time in with these, being a nexus shell fan. It was pretty incredible. Lightweight, super flexible. I even slipped on the rocks pretty bad coming back up the trail and scraped the knees across broken shells and rocks, not even a scratch. Impressive. I'm a believer.

There's a reason we "early adopters" have been raving about these suits!

I just ordered a Fusion today. I want to know if it is wise option to order the Tech skin instead of the Lycra. What is the cost difference and is it worth the extra cost. Or, Should I just dive the suit with Lycra until the time comes to replace it?

I'm going to be in the market for a new suit soon. I'm really torn between the CLX 450 and the Fusion. Curious to know who's using these in cold water.

TS&M, I'm guessing the Puge isn't exactly tropical. Did your thermals change much?

I've been pretty happy with mine though it is not my main drysuit. For my cold water diving & wrecks I prefer my CF200.

The one issue I had was when I took it to Florida in December to do some caving and due to the location of the OEM installed p-valve (Whites located it on left thigh but pointing more forward then I prefer) and it fell apart after hitting the rocks on some tighter restrictions. The SI-Tech/Whites valve is IMO a little to tall and flimsy when compared to the Salvo or Halcyon valve.

I am replacing mine with a Salvo....other then that I've been pretty happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom