White Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be diving the weekend of the 30th at White Star if anyone is interested let me know (have alot of burgers and dogs from this past weekend). I don't know if we can get away with the bottle thingy, better to keep that for the next meet and greet.

It's a good dive location, don't think that there will be any open waters going on there until after that weekend so the vis should be good and temp should be a couple degrees higher than Gilboa. Going to do the crusher, explore it a bit more. Who knows I might find another dive tool while there.

Ted,

As you dive Nitrox, you may want to consider the lack of O2 grade air at Whitestar unless you want to re-do the O2 cleaning on your tanks. I am not knocking the location. I am just saying that you will want to plan it so that you are not using your O2 cleaned tanks that weekend or that you won't need fills.

If I don't stay at Gilboa this weekend, the Whitestar trip looks like a possibility.

I may be up for it. Looking at diving Portage Quarry this weekend. I'll start a separate thread if plans go the right direction.

Paula

I may be up for this as well. I have never been to Whitestar.

I currently have a conflict on Saturday that I am trying to get done before then.
Just list me as a "maybe" for now.

For those of you that haven't been to Whitestar, I'm sure you'll like it.

I dive Whitestar more than any of the other 'local' quarries. White star has a lot more shaded areas than the others. Has a good variety of sunken items - small Frito lay truck, police car, boats, trailers, buoyancy course, and you can get some good depth in the crusher pit. It's also a bit closer to me so I'm able to go on weeknights after work. www.scpd-parks.org/whitestar.htm

The primary reason I like Whitestar the best is that the composition of the quarry is very different from most others. The quarry gets silted up just like all the others but the material is denser and settles quickly. Given that, the effects of divers and weather on the vis isn't as long lasting.

Paula

Police car down there?

I may wanna drive it out of there! :)

It's sounding more and more like this is a good place to dive.

Incidentally, nice meeting you last weekend.

diver_paula:
For those of you that haven't been to Whitestar, I'm sure you'll like it.

I dive Whitestar more than any of the other 'local' quarries. White star has a lot more shaded areas than the others. Has a good variety of sunken items - small Frito lay truck, police car, boats, trailers, buoyancy course, and you can get some good depth in the crusher pit. It's also a bit closer to me so I'm able to go on weeknights after work. www.scpd-parks.org/whitestar.htm

The primary reason I like Whitestar the best is that the composition of the quarry is very different from most others. The quarry gets silted up just like all the others but the material is denser and settles quickly. Given that, the effects of divers and weather on the vis isn't as long lasting.

Paula

Count me in for the 30th. I love WhiteStar.
It's the first place I dove with DMP!!!

Back
Top Bottom