White Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jchoby:
Does anyone know if they're running the compressor at this time of the year?

vr

JC

Yes the portable compressor will be there, if not I can call his cell and he or his son will be there to fill our tanks. If you have questions about the quality of EAN fills there PM me, I will fill you in. The deepest it get's at the Star is 75FSW, in the crusher. Might even go to the Frito Lay truck there, police cruiser is cool. Helpful reminder to all, make sure you wear your hoods while diving, those pesky northern pirannah(sp?) will try and take your ear off while feeding them. got a few scratches from them last year :11: .

to make it on the 30th. I've never been to Whitestar before but wanted to go last year but couldn't make it. This year I'm going to dive everywhere! :)

I'm diving a few Lake Erie ship wrecks this August, too.

If there aren't any motels close by, I'll bring my camping stuff.

DMP:
Yes the portable compressor will be there, if not I can call his cell and he or his son will be there to fill our tanks. If you have questions about the quality of EAN fills there PM me, I will fill you in. The deepest it get's at the Star is 75FSW, in the crusher. Might even go to the Frito Lay truck there, police cruiser is cool. Helpful reminder to all, make sure you wear your hoods while diving, those pesky northern pirannah(sp?) will try and take your ear off while feeding them. got a few scratches from them last year :11: .

Randy43068:
to make it on the 30th. I've never been to Whitestar before but wanted to go last year but couldn't make it. This year I'm going to dive everywhere! :)

I'm diving a few Lake Erie ship wrecks this August, too.

If there aren't any motels close by, I'll bring my camping stuff.

Randy, left me know more info on these wreck dives.

My brother and myself would like to do some too.

I'll let you know.

dmax tim:
Randy, left me know more info on these wreck dives.

My brother and myself would like to do some too.

Ok,looks like this white stuff will go away today (thank god). For those interested White Star started improving thier camp grounds(the ones right across the street) last year. I will call and see if the showers with yes hot water have been installed. The price has not changed for camping way cheaper than the places we usually haunt. There are hotels but they are about a 10 minute drive from the site. I will call today and see if the improvements are done. There is camping with facilities at Eagle Lake, to bad they stopped supporting diving there. I will probably be doing these dives wet, seeing I did not at Gilboa. Have maps of the place, will be working on navigational skills on a couple dives. If you want a tour of the place let me know, btw a couple guys from the shop will be there as well.

Hi Joe.

Are you going to Whitestar all weekend? I'm not sure if I'm up to camping this time but who knows. Know Friday is out for sure but could see about both Saturday and Sunday.

Paula

All weekend for me, might be there Friday night. If not I will set up on Saturday morning. We can do a pot luck if everybody wants too. Hmm reminds me, who's bringing the bottles? Afterall, it's not a true fire unless you can melt bottles into wierd shapes :wink: .

DMP:
All weekend for me, might be there Friday night. If not I will set up on Saturday morning. We can do a pot luck if everybody wants too. Hmm reminds me, who's bringing the bottles? Afterall, it's not a true fire unless you can melt bottles into wierd shapes :wink: .

I'll have to check, but I'll tenetively be there Friday night until Saturday evening....maybe Sunday morning. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Back
Top Bottom