Whiskey Wreck and West Beach Paddlewheeler 11-12-6 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billy_b4c:
Beach dives are crappy. It's a "Last Resort" kinda thing.

Which part is crappy? The crazy long bottom times? The cost? The loads of life?

They are crappy for you, because you never check conditions before diving on the beach :mooner:

billy_b4c:
Beach dives are crappy. It's a "Last Resort" kinda thing.

Wow, that's an awfully bold statement. I've had bad dives off the beach in the past, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that "all" beach dives are crappy. I've been diving the whiskey wreck for over 15 years, and the paddlewheeler for right at nine. I have seen some amazing things on both wrecks over the years, and I can't imagine why a local diver would say such a thing. As far as the "Last Resort" comment goes, I know alot of people who just beach dive. Not because it is a last resort, but because it's the kind of diving they perfer to do. Step out of your car, assemble your gear, walk to the waters edge, and commence your dive. Sounds pretty easy to me.
Keep in mind that conditions are constantly changing, so check them before each dive. This may help your perception of beach diving off the Alabama Gulf Coast.

Thats the biggest problem, Billy never checks conditions :p I'm not entirely convinced he can read a tide chart either :lol:

I have never dove the Whiskey, but I have heard good things about it. I would love to get out on it if ya'll ever need an extra dive buddy. Another good location is Pensacola Beach. There is some old pier rubble between the first and second sandbar and it is a nice shore dive, and the price is definitely right!:D

Pensacola Beach Reef is pretty fun, I saw a nice big jewfish not too long ago out there.

Keep an eye on the forums and come out and dive whenever you can. Most of my plans are posted in the Trips/Marketplace Subforums previous of the dives themselves.

Welcome to ScubaBoard

Back
Top Bottom