Whining to the choir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a similar situation. Didn't go DIR, but did a complete gear change. Ebay was definitely my friend. My sister also got a lot of hand me downs that were only about a year old. She loved it, but now I'm trying to get her into a BP/W.

Fortunately, my wife also participated in the gear change, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it. Everything we bought was double the price!

TSandM,
I think your hubby reads posts - well I have some advice for him that you might like to pass on.

If your Mrs wants something, the most sensible thing to do is just grin and bear the pain because the torment you'll get if you don't just isn't worth it the ear ache and torment :)

Hey dont forget the clips... then the

2edary light(s)
smb
spool
dive tool and sheath
reel
light canister
rec triox
dive trip with gue team

actually at $600 you are just begining... but its a great trip

I have been at it for 30+ years and when you consider replacement costs... new follies and so forth. But all in all priceless.

jagfish:
This sounds pretty enticing to me as well...
We'll go together.

Meet me in Ritzville.

Rick, just sounds like you need to put some sheets on your guest bed for Steve and corral your three friends for a Fundies course . . . Grow your own!

On the other hand, you could send me all your gear, and then at least ONE of us would be happy . . . :) Unfortunately, I can't ship you my buddies.

TSandM for a good price on apeks gear check out www.scubastore.com or call up larry at scubatoys he might be able to help you...otherwise yes, ebay is your friend. Also check the used forums here and on TDS.
I got into DIR, and I am a college student. I don't have the proper regs yet, but its the next thing on my list. I do have a drysuit(A used TLS 350 I picked up for a song), bp/w(halcyon pioneer, halcyon BP), my backup lights are UK SL4's which were the original WKPP approved light(if I understand history correctly), I don't have a primary light yet but I am not planning on doing any diving in the near future where it is necessary, I have jets, but no spring straps. If a poor college student can do it...so can you

I'm assuming the poor college student does not have a disapproving spouse breathing heavily over every gear decision . . . :)

TSandM:
I'm assuming the poor college student does not have a disapproving spouse breathing heavily over every gear decision . . . :)

I can't imagine why he disapproves. I would think that he would want you to do/have what it takes to make you comfy underwater. Perhpaps part of it is a show. You know, with the holidays being so close and all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom