Which regulator do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Mares Proton Xtreme for hte cold water stuff and it has never frozen. My last cold water dive was in about 39 deg of water (which is about as cold as I care to dive in). Aside from that I have used my SCUBAPro X650/Mk25 cause it breaths so sweet but it actualy froze-up once.
I just purchased a Poseidon Jetstream but have yet to try them in cold water. I don't have any real reccomendation for anyone specific reg. I do however suggest that you stick with the ice rated models from any of the brands our peers have mentioned previously in this thread. Good luck and great diving!

I used to dive Scubapro Mk25 S600s but had a freeflow at 55' in 38 degree water once so I did some more research and found they are prone to freeflow at 40 degree or less.

I then switched over to Aqualungs and had better luck. I've used both the Legend LX Supreme and the Titan LX Supreme in temps down to 37 degrees with no issues. The Legend breathes awesome at any depth, although the Titan is not far behind.
The Aqualungs are diaphram design and sealed while the SP was piston and not sealed.

I have also dove Sherwood Maximus and Blizzard and not had any problems in cold water but they didn't breathe as well as the Legend. I also was not crazy about the underarm configuration of the Maximus hose. Never really got used to it.

I believe any reg can freeflow if you over-breathe it or take breaths at the surface in really cold temps before diving.

3 Phoenix Royal Aqua Master
1 Royal Aqua Master (round label) owned it since 1971.
1 Aqua Master
1 Mistral
2 US Divers Conshelf (environmentally sealed)/ Scubapro 109, for pony bottles
3 Scubapro Mk-5 / 109 for working on the lake with invasive aqua tic plants
3 new Mistral (2 NIB for when they become vintage and the price goes up :rolleyes: )

My wife
2 Aqualung Titan with Scubapro D400 second stage
3 spare Scubapro D400 seconds

That needs rebuilding (or for parts):
3 Poseidon Cyklon 300 (the second stages are in working order)
1 Scubapro Mk-10 first stage only
1 vintage Mistral DH
1 Healthways Scuba Deluxe DH
1 Voit Titan
1 Voit MR12
1 Scubapro Mk-3
1 US Divers Calypso III
1 US Divers Aquarius
1 US Divers Deepstar
several Scubapro MK-5 with bad chrome
several Scubapro 109 with bad chrome
etc.

That is a lot of regs. Anyway, I've used a loaner XStream reg a bunch of times and I really liked.

I believe the Mk18 is a Mk16 with a turret, both are sealed diaphragm 1st stages ... Mk18/G250HP , I love that I have two now, and because the Mk18 was discontinued, payed barely over cost for both I think :D

Three sets of Voit MR12 IIs. A couple of Conshelfs of various vintage. My loyal Calypso J, multiple sets of Tekna T2100s:

DSCF0006.jpg

Voit MR12:

DSCF0059.jpg

69730997_o.jpg

And Voit MR12II:

DSCF0056.jpg

And of course several Aqua Masters, Royal Aqua Masters, Mistral, Voits, twin hose all:

DSCF0001-2.jpg

Oh, and I almost forgot, some plastic new crap, one is a Legend (in it's own mind) and the other is a Titan LX or some such, yawn, I tried an Apex but it felt like I had a plastic pie pan in my mouth, yawn.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom