which regs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
guess whoooooooooo...lol its me again.. Its reg time now.. i dive with oceanic dx4 right now on my single but would like some input as to what to uses on my twins.. apex DS4. scupapro Mk.16 Oceanic DX4?? who like which ones and WHY????lol How bout zeagle, any one dive with those?

I too am in the beginnings of learning how to dive with double cylinders.

I have plans to dive with a friend's Poseidon Odin/Jetstream reg next weekend and put it through quite a workout.

I'll post my results/findings next week.

i love regs which use a pilot valve nothing sweeter to breath from.. only problem up here is much greater chance of a free flow with those type of regs... Oceanic makes a zeta second stage with a DX4 first.. that will be my next rec. reg set..

as for first stages...not can be configured sweeter than a mk/25/20/18....so on, for back gas. Nice feature with scubapro is they will pay for the parts every year if you service them every year. They breath great. I have 9 MK20's with 15 G250's and a couple of MK2 with R190's. I also hear that apex work well. My scubapros ork great for me in all environments.

Kevin

most manufacturers will supply the parts if you service your regs yearly. Mk 20 and Mk. 25 are nice regs, but i don't want to get into a piston 1st stage,

Flathead VI and ZX(s) I have about 30 dives this year and it's a sweet breathing set-up. Basically it's a refined Apex since they actually used to be the Apex line. American built if it means anything to you, but I just love it. JMO

tony

Hi

Are you going to dive Cold waters ? or is there a chance that you are going to dive waters colder then 4 degrees celcius (sorry dont know the american equivalent) then DEFENITLY get your self a Apeks. We have alot of freeflows here in Europe with SP's. (9of the 10 times during the winters Januarie&Februari with MK20's/MK25's). I have also two Apeks ATX200. This reg is a better breather than the Apeks DS4 and the MK25. ATX200 also makes a neat and nice hosing possible. Earlier i promised to post some pics of my rig. to this forum as soon as i got a digital camera. Now i have one : now i have to figure out how it works with my pc. :)

Are you going to dive warm waters get your self a nice MK25-S600 these regs are bastard proof and are the real workhorse of SP! And also have really nice hosing possibilities.

Hope this helps. Xerxes

On my doubles I use a Beuchat VX10 on the left post, and a Scubapro Mk20 on the right post. I like the combination, and how I am able to route the hoses. By turning them sideways, everything goes where I want it, and they do not interfere with vavle operation. Both are excellent breathing regs IMO. I have never used them in cold water though, so I can not give an honest answer for that department.

My dive buddy just got a Apex ATX200 that he won from the Apex website. The thing is super sweet. I will have two of these in the future for my doubles rigs. The hose routing options with these things is unbelieveable. Plus the fact that they are so tiny! I want these!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom