Which piece of gear/equipment do you wish you had bought sooner???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I can tell you is Oxycheq Mach V.
This wing ROCKS!!!

I need to figure out if it would work in a STA-less configuration with my Deep Outdoors plate though....

I need to figure out if it would work in a STA-less configuration with my Deep Outdoors plate though....

I just looked at their plate on their website and I'll bet it would work.
It looks like the slots are in the right place plus there is some room for adjustment on the Mach V.

Funny how they call it the "freedom backplate" I wonder how long they've been calling it that.

A couple of questions on the BP/W. I figure I'll eventually get there. I dive a Zeagle ranger now. I figure I can just get the BP and use my current bladder. (Any thoughts on the Zeagle BP?)
But . . . . I like my pockets. I don't always use them but I do occaisionly. And I like the integrated weights. For some reason I just can't get excited about a weight belt. I have no real, objective reason as to why . . it's just a mental thing I guess.
I've not seen a whole lot of BP/W rigs set up. Is there something I'm just not aware in a BP/W set up that is effecient yet will meet my need to stow my junk and avoid the weight belt?

A couple of questions on the BP/W. I figure I'll eventually get there. I dive a Zeagle ranger now. I figure I can just get the BP and use my current bladder. (Any thoughts on the Zeagle BP?)
But . . . . I like my pockets. I don't always use them but I do occaisionly. And I like the integrated weights. For some reason I just can't get excited about a weight belt. I have no real, objective reason as to why . . it's just a mental thing I guess.
I've not seen a whole lot of BP/W rigs set up. Is there something I'm just not aware in a BP/W set up that is effecient yet will meet my need to stow my junk and avoid the weight belt?

you can put weight pockets on it
and put thigh pockets on your suit :p

Drysuit!!! The next thing I want to get is a DiveRite TransPac Harness with Trec Wings.

Whether or not an STA is required or not is determined (generally) by the wing, not the plate.

The Mach V (newer version) has roll bars that mean you don't need an STA.

I have about 20 dives on my Mach V all with no STA. Tank is rock solid.

Drysuit!!! The next thing I want to get is a DiveRite TransPac Harness with Trec Wings.

Why DR wings? From what I hear they are ok, but not great. DSS, Oxycheq make wings that are considered great and the price difference with DR is not that huge.

bp/w is probally coming this spring if $$ is where it needs to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom