Which Persons Dove with a Whale Shark?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
:bawling:...thank youuuuuu

Well I'm VERY sorry you were not able to dive.

However if you want to feel better, I'm 1500 miles from the Ocean, and no good diving in site.. until Jan. I'll be doing the Blue Hole in a week, and if we are lucky we will see some large goldfish, and a crawdad or two.... All better now? :lol:

Is that Herbman - with the bleached hair?

WTG Herb!

howarde:
Is that Herbman - with the bleached hair?

WTG Herb!

I think he was taking a page out of your book with the hair thing...:D

Well, Dave's hair is pretty blond to begin with . . . Has he messed with it, or is it just summer bleaching?

Cool pics!

I am SO jealous!

RonFrank:
Wow, just awesome.. However it almost looks like turtleGuy is trying too run away from the WhaleShark! :D

Run away from the little baby whale shark? He's only about 15 feet....so cuuuute...:D

Those shots are sooo beautiful! Wow. I love them! How big was that shark, and how clear was that water?!!

Aloha All
And thanks Justleesa for posting the pics. I might never have found the time to get them done. Catalina Canuck and I were diving the Mahi Wreck, with a third diver, Beth.
I have had three Whale Shark encounters over the 10 years I have lived on Oahu, doing 700 to 900 dives a year. I figure this one was about a 25 footer. All my encounters were while diving off the same boat, The Beach. I worked on that boat for 6 years while employed by Captain Bruces Scuba Charters. I love the shot with me in it, too bad the camera could not cycle faster. At one point it came in within touching distance, however I did not touch. I might not look the most graceful in the photo, but I was waving my arms up and down trying to attract the sharks attention, and it seemed to work for me, as it passed so closely. Some days of diving are just a bit more magical than others.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom