Which Persons Dove with a Whale Shark?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THAT'S the word I've been looking for -- MAGICAL!! :d

A quick story. When I started diving, I was trying to fill a void in my sports life after retiring from playing American Football. I did my open water dives in Thailand. It was after 8 months that I went diving again. This time, it was in Cebu.

On my first dive, I was worried about my breathing and keeping up with everyone but all of a sudden we could hear our dive guide slamming his tank with his knife, he was out-of-control. As he pointed upward there was this huge dark shadow. I looked up and thought 'wow'. It was about an 7-8 meter (25ft?) whaleshark.

After the dive, my 5th ever, I found out that the instructor who was leading us had over 2000 dives and had never seen one. That's why he was so excited. I innocently asked if we could go back and see him again.

Chris

Oh, I guess I should add, I have seen whalesharks four times. I'm not trying to brag but rather to share. I was fortunate to see three on one dive cruise on three different days. I took a few photos but they aren't even as good as the ones posted here. You can see one on http://www.geocities.com/universaldiver/deepblue.html

This was just a fun website to exploit my diving but I haven't updated it in a long time.

Chris

Nice site though! Do I know you? Who do you dive with?

I thought I knew everyone. Always fun to have a new player in "Scubaland". It is a big soap opera around here, maybe you have noticed?

Universal Diver:
A quick story. When I started diving, I was trying to fill a void in my sports life after retiring from playing American Football. I did my open water dives in Thailand. It was after 8 months that I went diving again. This time, it was in Cebu.

On my first dive, I was worried about my breathing and keeping up with everyone but all of a sudden we could hear our dive guide slamming his tank with his knife, he was out-of-control. As he pointed upward there was this huge dark shadow. I looked up and thought 'wow'. It was about an 7-8 meter (25ft?) whaleshark.

After the dive, my 5th ever, I found out that the instructor who was leading us had over 2000 dives and had never seen one. That's why he was so excited. I innocently asked if we could go back and see him again.

Chris
Aloha Universal Diver
On this dive there was an open water student and instructor above us. I can hardly imagine what the student was thinking. The Whale Shark did a pass on them and then spiraled down to us. He then did a 360 on us. I have had thousands of dives between encounters, and the student was on dive three. What Luck.
I wish I could go back, and see him again too.
Aloha
Roger
Turtleguy9

Hey, that's Chris! he was with us on the night dive....or are you pulling my leg again???

You're welcome Mr. Turtleguy9 :Kissy:

oh! duh. sorry....Now I know.....! (hi, Chris!) Find a house yet?

I dove with whale sharks on Gladden Spit reef in Belize. On one dive, a bull shark came above us as we were leaving the bottom ... one eye on the whale shark, one eye onthe bull shark ... between magnificence and peril. A dive I will remember for a long time.
JL

wow, I'll say.

I still have not had the encounter with a Whale shark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom