Which ops pickup at the downtown pier these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With the passing of BlueXTSea, we are seeking a new op. One of the best parts of that op was the downtown pickups as we typically stay at Casa Mexicana. Are there any other ops picking up divers at the same downtown pier today? Which ones?

Thanks
Mark

Aldora does - any op running out of Abrigo more than likely would - like Salty Endevors and a few other that I don't know names of.

Some may offer to but taxi fare is cheaper than fuel and hours on the motors just about - but some like Christi did it for customer service which is important.

Deep Blue leaves from the Aldora pier downtown.

I am here now and will see what I can find out, apart from those that have been mentioned already.

I have been with Blue XT Sea for years and leaving and returning from the downtown pier was one of the main reasons I started diving with Christi to begin with. Although I have not seen them yet on this trip, Living Underwater has been leaving from and returning from the downtown pier over the last years. I have been diving on this trip with Tres Pelicanos, and although we are not departing and returning from the downtown pier, their shop is located around the corner from Casa Mexicana and they transport you for free down to their boat at the marina and back and they have been incredibly efficient at doing so. I arrive at the shop at 7:40am and we are off to the marina and I have yet to be back later than Noon from the morning two tank dives.

have been diving on this trip with Tres Pelicanos, and although we are not departing and returning from the downtown pier, their shop is located around the corner from Casa Mexicana and they transport you for free down to their boat at the marina and back and they have been incredibly efficient at doing so.
How does 3P avoid conflict with the taxi union over their policy? At first I thought it was by keeping it a secret, but I see so much mention of it in here as their normal way of doing business that I don't see how the union could not know about it.

How does 3P avoid conflict with the taxi union over their policy? At first I thought it was by keeping it a secret, but I see so much mention of it in here as their normal way of doing business that I don't see how the union could not know about it.
One day i saw the supervisor for the taxis taking photos of tres pelicanos dropping off customers, so yes they are fully aware. I have seen 3p using taxis for their customers as well.

Their website indicates they will, as @Trailboss123 wrote, transport you from their shop but also says they will pick you up from the oceanfront sidewalk on their way to the marina.

Are there any other ops picking up divers at the same downtown pier today?

For clarification, does the downtown pier refer to the PDC ferry pier?

Aldora does

Again for clarification, the Aldora website indicates they pick up at the Aqua Safari pier - I read it as their starting point since it's close to their shop. Different from the PDC ferry pier?

Again for clarification, the Aldora website indicates they pick up at the Aqua Safari pier - I read it as their starting point since it's close to their shop. Different from the PDC ferry pier?

The PDC ferry pier is not used for pickups. There is a small dock attached to it but it is used by the snorkeling boats, maybe some daytrip dive boats but none that I know of.

There are two piers downtown - one refered to as the Aldora pier probably because Aldora used it all the time is a half block North of 3 - other shops used it as well - as of yesterday, they do not use this pier anymore, others might.

The second pier is quarter block south of 5 and refered to as the Aqua Safari pier, Aldora is picking up there as of yesterday. If they are using it, I imagine other shops are too.

Aldora stores their equipment at their shop, for them it is either load all that stuff in a truck and take it to the south marina or bring the boats into town and load it there - a few months ago they were trucking to the marina but now they are back to loading downtown. Aldora also picks up at Dave's Villa's on the North end of town so they really need to come into town no matter what.... Other shops not so much so it's more of a service thing that the other shops do unless they are coming out of the North marina.

Look at a google map satalitte view and you can see the piers....

How does 3P avoid conflict with the taxi union over their policy?
I'm sure that the Union has known all along, and my guess is 3P pays the union some agreed fee. Sometimes 3P provides a taxi ride back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom