Which is correct??

• Divemaster

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Dive Master

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's actually Divermaster if you are a hot Brazillian super model...

I prefer just to be called "Master"

Ooh! now I know how to irritate you on the KPP!:D (Not that I would ever do anything like that:eyebrow:) I guess I'll just stick to my Dive Con:14:.

... and what's with this Dive Con thing? What's with that? Who are you conning? :D

When I started the course my instructor corrected me to Dive Slave.

After humping hundreds of tanks and tons of gear to the lake I stopped wondering why did he said that...

We have opted to use Divemaster in our new materials for Scuba Diving International (SDI) and Technical Diving International (TDI).

There's some precedent covering the progression of compound words from being two words such as dive master through a hyphenated stage -- dive-master -- to a single compound word.

I didn't know until recently that Dive Con was SSI's version of divemaster. I don't think the general diving population looks at them at equals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom