Which fin to take?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to Sudan thus expecting some currentas. I only dive on holidays, originally used Mares Avantiquattro, then switched to Pro Force Fins because they are easier to pack.
I feel that I do not get ahead easily with the force fins.
I dive on holidays only, do a little bit of walking etc. at home.
What fin would you suggest for maximum efficiency (and ease) in currents?
Unfortunately, I could never compare them, I cannot take both on holiday.
Cheers,
Liberty

I'd go with the Quattros. Especially if you feel more comfortable with them to start.

well, I am a staunch supporter for the ForceFins, especially for travel for they are very easy to pack. But, diving is significantly about comfort in the water, so you need to take the fins that you are most comfortable with. I hope that means the ProForce Fins, but that is entirely up to you.

As for effciency. they are both excellent. but I firmly believe that the ForceFins are more effective fins, particularly when you have to fight currents and you have to maintain a higher than usual load for a long period of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom