Which DUI suit should I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb once bubbled...
Now on to dive computers ........Vytec, Cobra, SmartCon? Wrist or console???????????

This is for another forum, but since you mentioned it..
If you have the money, the Vytec. Wrist. (I don't think the Vytec comes in a console.) Having all the information without having to pull a console in front of you is worth the extra money many times over for me. There is a reason why people wear watches on their wrists. :D

I think you'll be very happy that you purchased this suit the first time you rub against a wall, wreck, whatever reaches out and grabs you. I've seen TLS suits cut to ribbons by zebra mussels and wreck parts. My first suit (now my backup and travel suit) was a Mobby's Twin Shell Pro. It is a trilam with an 1000 denier cordura outer shell for protection. Very tough. I'm actually surprised that more cavers don't use it. It dries very fast and the cordura shell is very durable. I also found the outshell kept everything nice and streamlined. The one downside to Mobby's is the lack of custom sizing. So when I was having a hard time with my shoulders in the Mobby's, I got fitted for a signature CF-200. I love this suit - tough as nails, a pleasure to dive, and for me, mobility is only a problem.

For underwear, I have the Weezle Compact and Extreme+. I flat out think these are the warmest and easiest to maintain underwear out there. With a DUI +5 vest and some expedition weight long underwear, there is a lot of versatilty from the 70 degree temps of the St. Lawrence to the 38 degress of the Great Lakes.

After you dive your new suit a few times, let us know what you think.

After you dive your new suit a few times, let us know what you think.

I will. Of course it will be another 4-6 weeks before I get it :(

I had a really hard time deciding which undergarment to get as well. I actually ordered a custom fit Thinsulate 400 but then changed my order to a custom fit Polartec PowerStretch the next day. I figured if I had to wear poly under the Thinsulate 400 to keep it clean it might be too warm. I don't have to wear anything under the PowerStretch because it's easy to wash. But, if I get cold I can always wear something else with the Powerstretch. That Thinsualte 400 suit is VERY thick material and it doesn't look like it would be as comfortable as the Powerstretch.

I was measured for a custom TLS350 yesterday, and am quite like a kid waiting for Christmas...

I ordered a custom fleece undergarment from Janice at

http://home.att.net/~gchev91/

She is so speedy that she said she would be working on it tomorrow, but I told her that the suit would take a few weeks to get to me, so she could delay a bit if she wanted.

Can't wait!

I don't know if it's appropriate to talk about the prices we pay for our equipment on this forum but I'm curious what others are paying for their DUI suits. I won't mention any dealer names in case that breaks the rules.

I was quoted the following prices for Signature Series suits:
TLS350- $1,679
CLX450- $1,895
CF200X- $1,995

These prices are less than the MSRP but I'm not sure if they are a good deal or run-of-the-mill LDS prices.

Anybody see similar pricing?

bertschb once bubbled...
I don't know if it's appropriate to talk about the prices we pay for our equipment on this forum but I'm curious what others are paying for their DUI suits. I won't mention any dealer names in case that breaks the rules.

I was quoted the following prices for Signature Series suits:
TLS350- $1,679
CLX450- $1,895
CF200X- $1,995

These prices are less than the MSRP but I'm not sure if they are a good deal or run-of-the-mill LDS prices.

Anybody see similar pricing?

Getting those prices around my neck of the woods would be nearly impossible...But my price for the TLS350 wasn't much higher.

And, I'd post it...Give the LDS some biz for being cool.

You are correct, there are other suits besides DUI. But, are there any suits that are BETTER than DUI?

If someone were to give you a suit, any suit, for free - which would you choose? DUI may cost more and I may be paying extra for the name but from what I can tell DUI does make the best suit on the market. I've never heard anybody mention a suit that was better than DUI.

I agree bertschb. My buddy and I ordered S.S. CLX-450s Aug 27th and still can't wait! And completed the order from Softwear for the undergarments Friday. I have also never heard of a suit that is better than DUI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom