Which dive shop to use in Ft. Worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miraed77

Reaction score
Hi all!
Sort of a newbie. Moved to Texas about a year ago by way of Florida. I've only done one dive since I'v moved here and that was at CSSP and thought it was time to do a bit more this coming summer. Just a few questions. Live in Ft. Worth and was wondering if anyone could recomend a good scuba shop? I've been to Scuba Sphere and was thinking of using them for some courses (I'm certified through SSI and that's who they go through). Second, it's been awhile since my last dive.....does anyone know of a location close to Ft. Worth where I could do a quick dive to check my gear? Like a local pool of some sort?

Last, if anyone is planning a dive in the near future and needs a buddy, I'd love to tag along. Looking forward to getting back into it and checking out these Texas waters!

Thanks!
Eddie

First of all, welcome to the Board.
Although I actually live west of FW, I am a DMC with Scubatoys, which is located in Carrollton, right off I35, about 45 minutes from downtown FW. I have no intention of "bashing" any FW shop, but I will tell you that after several years of doing busines with Scubatoys, I continue to be pleased and amazed at their prices, and service. Try them out one day, and then decide.
By the way, ST does have a pool inside its shop, which is used in training, and is available for customers trying gear. It is not open to the general public.
Good luck.
Tom

Hello Miread,
when I was planning on getting my cert. I checked out a couple of shops. I fond Scuba Sphere to be very helpful and they were happy to answer any questions I had. I still use them and I have had not one complain about them or even heard anything negative.
My dive buddy used Scuba Toys and I have purchased some products from them. I like their shop and I was out there when my buddy did her open water at CSSP last April, they were very professional also. However, if you live in Ft Worth that would be quite a drive.

Hi Eddie,
I am an instructor with We B Divin. The shop is located in North Richland Hills just outside Loop 820 on the North East Side of Ft Worth. We have an indoor training pool on site. I'm not sure what part of Ft Worth you are in, but I invite you to stop by and visit. Here is the shops website: We B Divin' - For Your Ultimate Diving Experience I also invite you to check out the dive club of which I am a member. The Diving Rebels Scuba Club meets in Arlington the first Wednesday of each month. We have an outing to Tyler State Park April 11-12th If you'd like more info and want to join us, send me a PM and I'll be glad to send it.

Hi Eddie, and welcome to Scubaboard!

I also work with We Be Divin' in North Richland Hills. As Danny said, we do have a pool onsite, and offer an extensive list of training opportunities, dive travel, local outings and events. As a PADI 5 Star IDC center, we train to the highest levels and offer training in over 30 specialties.

Since it's been a while and you're interested in getting your gear wet again, our onsite pool would be perfect for that. I can also conduct a Scuba Review for you where we'll go over remedial academics, work table problems, and answer any questions you might have. We'll then dive in the pool and get your basic skills back up to snuff, adjust your weighting, and then stay in the pool as long as you'd like (or your air lasts) for technique practice and refinement.

Feel free to PM me here. I live close to the shop and would be happy to meet you at the shop, give you a tour of the facilities and explain the varied training opportunities we offer.

Cheers :cheers: and happy diving!

HI Eddie,
Scuba Diving Schools of Fort Worth are SSI Instructors. They are located west of Scuba Sphere on the traffic circle. I would highly recommend them.
Cheers,
E

I've always had really good luck and service with Lone Star on Alta Mere. They have a decent selection of stuff, and my wife got here certification through there and they were very patient and professional. I keep wanting to go on their trips, but the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet.

I am in a similar boat, too, so I feel I can hijack this bad boy...

I am getting married this summer and moving to Ft. Worth. I am looking for a good LDS that a) deals in tech gear (Atomic and OMS are preferred) and know how to fill a tank. Trimix, nitrox another must. Any good suggestions?

K.

I am in a similar boat, too, so I feel I can hijack this bad boy...

I am getting married this summer and moving to Ft. Worth. I am looking for a good LDS that a) deals in tech gear (Atomic and OMS are preferred) and know how to fill a tank. Trimix, nitrox another must. Any good suggestions?

K.

Here are a few that deal in tech and mixed gases:
Surface Interval Scuba- Arlington
Tiger Shark- Arlington
Lone Star Scuba- Dallas
Scuba Toys-Dallas
Ft. Worth proper--?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom