Which Course to Go (Tech or Pro)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Andy,

My advise would be to do the rescue course and then consider going into tech it teaches vital information including the use of O2 which when moving onto a tech course could save you or your buddy.
If you want to go further divemaster is a great course and if you do it where I did mine in Utila Dive Centre in honduras you also get free diving for life so long as your happy to help to give some help to other divers carry the odd tank etc. Was a really exceptional course which went above the PADI standards and for me made going on to OWSI a cake walk.

:) I have no intension to teach as for now.
The only reason to go pro is to have alternative source of income.
Nobody will ever know if one day my boss told me, we need to restructure, company is not doing well, we need to keep cost low then throwing her devil smile :letsparty:; shake my hand; say thank you for your contribution for the past 11 years and ask me to leave.

Apart from that, tech is more suitable for my current condition.

I'd argue that whatever you decide to do, completing a rescue course would be beneficial.

Be advised...you generally won't get rich teaching SCUBA & I concur on the GUE courses as stated by TS&M...great training & dive community. I do think a rescue course is worth taking if you haven't already done so.

Back
Top Bottom