Which computer between $300-$400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Revid1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Still haven't pulled the plug on purchasing a computer. I really don't want to spend more than $400. I have been looking at the Vyper, Geo 2.0 and Veo 3.0. Although, open to suggestions. I have found all of these between $300-$400. I have read that Suuntos are a little conservative, but I guess that wouldn't stop me from purchasing. I have heard the Geo 2.0 is a pain in the ...... to learn how to use and have heard really nothing about the Veo 3.0. I want a wrist computer, size not that important since I plan on just using for diving. Nitrox. At this point, probably wound not use a downloading feature, but might be nice to have for the future. Want larger numbers. Are there any that have a good reputation for not breaking down? Really appreciate the help.

Zoop by Suunto is easy, we sell a lot of those.

..... I have heard the Geo 2.0 is a pain in the ...... to learn how to use ......
Heard from who?
The Geo 2.0 comes with a FREE online class if you register the product with Oceanic.
The online class has lots of videos that show the Geo 2.0 in action - at the surface AND underwater.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Aladin tec 2g is nice for about $300, for an extra $20 get a bungie mount too. It is a simple computer gives you everything you need without a lot of extras you do not. Nice depth averaging feature.

subgear xp-10

I have heard the Geo 2.0 is a pain in the ...... to learn how to use

I've got 40+ dives on my Geo 2 and I'm very happy with it. The Oceanic software certainly has it's issues, but the Geo 2 is not at all difficult to learn to use.

Another vote for the Geo 2.0. I think it is less that the Geo is hard to learn and more that the manual is not very well written. The free divenav class is very helpful - especially if you follow along with your pc.

Love my Geo 2.0. Bought it for many of the same reasons you mentioned. I find it easier to use than the one button computers that I passed along to my children. Helping the kids out is a good reason for getting the latest. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom