Which charter was this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It looks like someone is selling a dive boat in Key Largo. I'm not familiar with the dive ops down there.

Product photo of 1991 Delta 28 Delta

I googled "Blue Water Divers Florida" and this is what I found. It's definitely their boat.

Yup. Blue Water Divers. They are docked in the same Marina as Horizon and Silent World. I’ve never been out with them.

They’ve been bought and sold a few times.

We were staying nearby, doing 2-4 dives a day, I was considering a trip with them, they had no option on their booking system, so I asked if Nitrox was available, here's their answer:

As far as nitrox goes for the normal diving depths in Key Largo it provides no benefit

Thanks,

Pascal and Michael
Bluewater Diver

We were staying nearby, doing 2-4 dives a day, I was considering a trip with them, they had no option on their booking system, so I asked if Nitrox was available, here's their answer:

As far as nitrox goes for the normal diving depths in Key Largo it provides no benefit

Thanks,

Pascal and Michael
Bluewater Diver
C.L.U.E.L.E.S.S.

That's also just another way of saying, "Yea, we don't have any."

Thanks,

Pascal and Michael
Bluewater Diver

For shallow reefs dives of 30 feet or less, the benefit of nitrox is minimal. If that’s their bread and butter I could see why they wouldn’t invest in a nitrox system (or in buying nitrox from other operators), especially if they are a small operation. If they ever hit the Key Largo wrecks or anything over 40 feet the benefits of nitrox become more significant.

For shallow reefs dives of 30 feet or less, the benefit of nitrox is minimal. If that’s their bread and butter I could see why they wouldn’t invest in a nitrox system (or in buying nitrox from other operators), especially if they are a small operation. If they ever hit the Key Largo wrecks or anything over 40 feet the benefits of nitrox become more significant.

I am well aware of nitrox and shallow dive thing. My point was (and reasoning for Nitrox) less N2 sat during multiple repetitive dives, shorter SI's, more conservative safety profile (we are in our late 50-ies). We did 4 dives the day before, 5 the day before that, and were planning to do two more the afternoon after BWD. And yes, many northern Key Largo dive sites hit 40 or 60'.
All they had to say - no, we do not have Nitrox, sorry.

I am well aware of nitrox and shallow dive thing. My point was (and reasoning for Nitrox) less N2 sat during multiple repetitive dives, shorter SI's, more conservative safety profile (we are in our late 50-ies). We did 4 dives the day before, 5 the day before that, and were planning to do two more the afternoon after BWD. And yes, many northern Key Largo dive sites hit 40 or 60'.
All they had to say - no, we do not have Nitrox, sorry.

I’m with you. That’s likely one of several reasons why they’re out of business.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom