Question Where would you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two experienced Florida divers considering a one-week dive trip in March 2024 to:

Bonaire (Buddy Dive return); or
Roatan; or
Belize

We love shore and boat diving; not into wrecks. A bit concerned about Stoney Coral Tissue Loss Disease and have read where sites on Bonaire are shut down.

Just back from Grand Cayman (East end) so not going back there for a while; Dived Cozumel last spring, not going back for a while. Asia/Philipines too far for this trip. Not interested in Liveaboards. Do not care about resorts.

Thoughts?

Huracan Dive Lodge, Belize. Unfortunately, no shore diving, but the dives are spectacular, and the food...even better!

LCBR

Isla Providencia, Colombia

I hear Belize is great, but no shore diving. Roatan, same thing. Some shore diving, but very limited. Bonaire has both shore and boat diving. However, you’re already concerned about conditions there, which means unwanted stress leading into a vacation. That’s no fun for anyone.
So, I’m going with @tkaelin on this one. Curaçao has great shore diving, some good boat diving (some of it is actually great boat diving). Sounds like a good fit.

Erik

If you are into shore diving, Bonaire really is your place.
If you are a 'bit concerned' about SCTLD, I think you should simultaneously follow both local shop and STINAPA guidance regarding SCTLD transmission, and also the DBAA rule. You'll be fine.

If you are into shore diving, Bonaire really is your place.
If you are a 'bit concerned' about SCTLD, I think you should simultaneously follow both local shop and STINAPA guidance regarding SCTLD transmission, and also the DBAA rule. You'll be fine.

All those acronyms and my brain just started reading STD's.

Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom