• Houston and surrounding areas

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Lubbock and surrounding areas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lufkin and surrounding areas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio and surrounding areas

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Boonies (further than 2 hours from any of the above!)

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in CircleC which fought annexation tooth&nail. I feel much better saying "in a suburb of Oak Hill"

ScubaCRNA - - - I dive Aquarena all the time, as does DurangoDiver [I think] - - - Correction - No leaf raking - but yes, pulling of hydrilla and other misc "window washing" type of underwater chores are routine. They don't ask you, you have to be volunteering. Another bit of advice - the weekend is when it's flooded with divers AND tourists - so they limit the divers [to about 3 of the deeper holes] so the boats can safely run around. I dive during the week, and pretty much get to go whereever the plan & the work take me. If you like - PM me for lots of advice - or we can start another message on ins&outs.

I live about 7 minutes from Reliant Stadium and I'm sure the Dallas folks know where that is. Maybe the score will jog some memories 19-10.
Hey don't take it bad I was a cowboy fan
way back. I grew up in Amarillo and Houston was like on another planet. It was a good game all could enjoy.
Dax:jester:

I grew up in Idaho but was still a Cowboys fan. But since I've lived in Houston I switched my loyalties! :)

boonies, although I don't exactly like that description since I live in a small city of 25,000 people.

You could consider Scubatexastony from a "suburb" of my town. he he

If you really want to know; Marshall, which is right at the intersection of U.S. Hwy 59 and Interstate 20, but I make it at 150 miles east of Dallas, Tony.

My house is right off of State Hwy. 43, just about 1 mile east and 2/10 of a mile south.
Oh, and 25 miles or so south of Scubatexastony!

Yeah, you're right, a city of 25,000 isn't quite the boonies. That's about 25 thousand times bigger than the town I grew up near! LOL

But don't worry, even if it were the boonies, there's nothing wrong with living in the boonies. In fact I prefer it! :)

I live in Houston...but we dive in every mudhole in South Texas we can find.

288 south has a couple...twin lakes is problaly the best....still only has about 8-10 ft. visibility....

Huntsville....the quarry....or something like that....

Lake Travis...windy point and if you haven't gave Mansfield Dam a try lately......go back...it's a lot better now....

Freeport.....some nice rig dives....

South Padre....a couple of dive shops that I will actually try out later this month...I'll keep yall posted on that one....

and Frio River....Clear river drift dive....nice if the river is up...

Bailiff

I live in Houston, about 5 mi SW of the Med Center. So far my only mudhole dive was Lost Lake on 288. I have been to the FG, but that ain't a mudhole.

leadweight once bubbled...
I live in Houston, about 5 mi SW of the Med Center. So far my only mudhole dive was Lost Lake on 288. I have been to the FG, but that ain't a mudhole.

It's near Lost Lakes but way better, on Hwy 6 about 1.5mi south of 288. There'll be quite a few of us there tomorrow..come on out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom