Where to tie bolt sanp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm diving tomorrow and will try it as you suggest. I bet its quick and convenient.
With regards to sharing air and the long hose wrapped , what's the procedure to not get tangled.
Trying to visualize
When donating long hose light stays deployed, rotate light clockwise around long hose after getting it to donee, then deploy balance of hose length under can. Reverse procedure to take back long hose. When stowing light be sure to tuck cord under long hose before putting under waist belt to not trap hose.

When donating long hose light stays deployed, rotate light clockwise around long hose after getting it to donee, then deploy balance of hose length under can. Reverse procedure to take back long hose. When stowing light be sure to tuck cord under long hose before putting under waist belt to not trap hose.
This I am aware of and train every now and then.
I like your points about the light head - great tips

We (most folks I dive with) typically have a permanent bolt snap on the light handle and a loop tied on the rear of the light that a double ender is used with. The front snap is for 'permanently' stowing (failure, pre/post dive, etc) the light with it off. The loop is for temporarily stowing (gas switch, etc) the light and allows it to be on and point down so not to blind others. The double ender is kept on the right chest D ring and removed to attach to the loop then reclipped.View attachment 591484

This is exactly how I have my light rigged and I use the double ender to hang it pointing down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom