where to stay in keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this trip is just for fun. no honey moon. :cool2: We are not getting married 'till 2011. we just want to check out the area and do some diving this trip. :)

oh, and i already pm'd her about a place in key largo when we are up there. Still looking for a place in key west for a couple nights. hoping to get something decent in the $100 range. might not happen the way it looks. I will spend $190/night if i have to, but we are pretty adventurous souls that don't spend much time in the hotel room. We'll be out screwing around all day. :)

HOLY COW..... I went and checked the prices and it has shot up like crazy.. I guess it has seasons of cheapness. We went in late september. That is really crazy.

Also, the people at the hotel told me that its a holiday weekend! Presidents day, i believe.... bummer.

HOLY COW..... I went and checked the prices and it has shot up like crazy.. I guess it has seasons of cheapness. We went in late september. That is really crazy.

Late September is the best time to go to the Keys for the best deals on lodging - think about it; kids are back in school, its hurricane season, and so on - assuming no storms, the weather is good and the seas often calm.

What we have had good luck recently with is Priceline - try the auction and you may be pleasantly surprised. We just last weekend got a room for $100/night + tax in Washington DC that had a rate of $200 - worked out real well.

For all the high prices in Jan - March, this is the most "iffy" time to go to the Keys - you stand a good chance of rough seas that time of year. I'm a 30 year Floridian and we need the revenue, but there are other places I'd go before the Keys in the winter, especially if I had the expense of airfare and hotels.

(Before you ask: Cozumel, St Croix, San Salvadore, Grand Cayman,Cayman Brac, Little Cayman - LC can be a little pricy)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom