Where To Stay in Bunaken/Bangka now that prices have gone up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lp:
i think reasonable is fluid going uphill!

anyway, I think we're going to head to Philippines just because of price. Shame because i really want to go back here as we had such a good holiday and every dive was A grade. I fear Philippines might not be that....
Where in the Philippines? I have heard more good things about the Philippines than bad.

Lp:
Likely bohol and dauin. Apparently touristy ? But beaches look great which will be awesome for my non diving partner
Spend some time with the tarsiers on Bohol! :)
Yeah, sometimes we need to cater to the needs of our non-diving partners. I'm just lucky - maybe poorer - caught the diving bug as much as I did!

Spend some time with the tarsiers on Bohol! :)
Yeah, sometimes we need to cater to the needs of our non-diving partners. I'm just lucky - maybe poorer - caught the diving bug as much as I did!

She loves to see the fishies and snorkel but diving not there yet. I’m just stoked she’s happy coming on diving centred trips !!

Have you done much of the Phillipines ? It’s super complex to work out.

Did you look at Bastianos instead of Murex? They do a Passport too but it's called something different. Their Bangka resort was built before the pandemic. It looks quite nice.
I haven't stayed myself though I thought that it looked good.

All I really know is that they have a dm/guide who I enjoyed, who used to work at Murex, then Blue Bay but mostly on their liveaboard to Halmahera. Now he's been with Bastianos for a couple of years. He's not a kid anymore. He's probably still good to dive with.

Did you look at Bastianos instead of Murex? They do a Passport too but it's called something different. Their Bangka resort was built before the pandemic. It looks quite nice.
I haven't stayed myself though I thought that it looked good.

All I really know is that they have a dm/guide who I enjoyed, who used to work at Murex, then Blue Bay but mostly on their liveaboard to Halamera, now he's been with Bastianos for a couple of years. He's not a kid anymore. He's probably still good to dive with.
Bastianos and Murex are similarly priced....the new Bastianos resort looks amazing.... but again not exactly cheap!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom