Bangka (& Bunaken) Trip Report - Bastianos July 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral eye was open this august.

Not only was it open ... but practically fully booked for almost the whole month ... I was there 20 days and the other resorts were almost empty ... :eek: :eek: :eek:
One afternoon i took a walk up to bastianos and it seemed deserted..:confused:
just for info they will now close for new improvement and expansion works... :wink:
I'm biased because I've been there 6 times (once I've been 30 days in a row) ... but in my opinion coraleye is the best on the island ... beautiful beach and superb house reef .. the food was already excellent the past few years but this year was even better..
electricity h24.. fan, hot water and next season also AC.. the architecture is top notch..

P8070077.JPG
74D599D0-49A8-431B-9E4E-D09C0D80D698.jpeg

Bangka: Bangka (July 2022)

Bangka was stop 2/3 for my July trip and I spent 5 days doing 17 dives (skipped 1 last night dive due to feeling too cold). Bastianos arranged the transfer from airport -> Lembeh -> Bangka -> Bunkan -> airport for EUR105pp. The transfer did take up a whole half day, for both moves I did 2 morning dives then lunch, and left around 2pm and arrived around 6pm in time for dinner. You could squeeze in a night dive so you only lose 1 afternoon dive on transfer day. The drive takes ~2.5 hours and the boat another 30min. I was the only guest on Bangka for again half my stay, overlapping w 1 American couple for 2 days.
Which SIM card/service provider did you use while you were there? Also, do you have any thoughts re: Bastianos' Coral Triangle Dive Safari package vs. Murex's Passport to Paradise package? I am debating between those two operators. Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom