Where to post trips? (Split from Diving East Side of Island)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete do you have someone else handle advertising on the site? Christie's Blue XT Sea has an ad running on the left side of Cozumel forum. Nothing wrong with that, but it is advertising.
I handle advertising as little as possible. I concentrate on the community side of things. Without the community there is no need to sell advertising.

I handle advertising as little as possible. I concentrate on the community side of things. Without the community there is no need to sell advertising.
Which means he doesn't keep up with who advertises here, or care with regard to treatment of Operators. Pete is about as fair a man as you'll find. I may not always agree with him, but I always respect his views.

A coward. Ok. That's real impressive and noble of you NetDoc.
What you are or aren't mean very little to me when I read your post. While I did not specifically call you a coward, I find the flat out denunciation of volunteers without corroborating evidence a cowardly act. Calling my patriotism into question does as little to justify such an attack as pointing to your own. There is no honor in doing so.

Thanks to Wookie, an advertiser and a Vet who came to our support. You're one in a million.

Thanks to Cave Diver for the research and dedication to the truth that he has shown. If there are any additional questions about possible moderator impropriety, please feel free to ask them here or to address such concerns to NetDoc@ScubaBoard.com. Being a moderator should be FUN and sometimes people who want to criticize unfairly take all that away from our mods. For the most part, they do a tremendous job in regards to their professionalism and impartiality and we owe them a lot for making our community NOT another rec.scuba.

There are others to thank, but you two stand right out as the creme de la ScubaBoard. :D

That being said, if you see a post or thread that seems to violate the letter or spirit of the ScubaBoard ToS, then please do your part: Hit that
report.gif
bad post link found in the lower left of every post here on ScubaBoard and be very detailed about what you find offensive or wrong. Moderators who are not a part of the thread in question will take time to address your issues. That doesn't mean that they will agree with you, but they will be fair. If you don't do your part and report it, please don't complain that no one does anything to stop meanness, because you are simply talking about yourself.

I believe what is probably bothering Kev is how very often one certain dive op promotes in here with impunity, while posters with nothing to gain are censored when and if that certain op isn't the target of said promotion. Set a standard and enforce it equally. I could spend 30 minutes cutting and pasting to prove the point, but then the thread would be deleted...and I'll not do that to Kev.

I AGREE

Because your post takes business away from a dive op that has for some time had this board and some of of its mods bought and paid for. Post something that will take business away from BXTS and your thread will either be locked, deleted completely or moved to oblivion.

First part, not so sure but wouldn't doubt it.

Second part, been there, done that, seen that, IT HAS HAPPENED HERE.

Well, I think it's wrong that BXTC continually comes into threads about other ops (that weren't started by those ops) to share her viewpoint that the service she provides is better, the dives are longer, the dives are better, etc. There was another thread about a month ago wher someone asked about Diving With Martin and there were many positive posts about DWM. Then someone said they felt DWM cut dives short to keep their schedule so apparently that opened the door for BXTC to come and tout "we do 90 minute dives and hour plus surface intervals" and we stay on schedule She later admitted the afternnon trip sometimes doesn't leave until 230pm when I pointed those logistics were impossible. I reported the post because I didn't think she should be advertising herself when the OP asked about someone else but her posts were not removed. I wouldn't call it protectionism but she does seem to operate with some level of impunity here.

In the the thread being discussed now, she stated folks would be better served "to curl up in bed with a good book" rather than dive the east side of the island. Those divers didn't go Coz to read books, they went to dive!

I do NOT read the original post as an offer, I read it as someone pointing out Aldora has an alternative when the Norte blows in. I would NOT have known that without him posting it.

AGAIN I TOTALLY AGREE

So you wait a whole year sometimes to go diving and when the weather is bad
you should curl up with a book when there is a dive shop going out of there
way to serve people on the east side? WOW just....WOW.............

What is wrong with you people? Can't you tell the difference between somebody saying SHE would rather be warm in her bed than out diving a difficult dive in cold inclement weather? You cherry pick her words and then try to use them against her, when the proof of what she said has been posted numerous times.

She didn't tell someone that they couldn't dive the other side- SHE PUT ONE OF HER DIVERS ON THE ALDORA TRIP.

She didn't tell someone that they should just get into bed with a book--SHE SAID THAT'S WHERE SHE WISHES SHE WAS ON A COLD RAINY DAY.

She didn't tell "Jen" she couldn't do the dive --SHE TOLD HER THERE WERE TWO BOATS OVER THERE AND "JEN" WAS QUALIFIED TO DO THEM

She didn't poo-poo the dive with Aldora or try to talk "Jen" out of them- SHE CONFIRMED TO "JEN" THAT THE DIVES WERE AVAILABLE AND BY HER RESPONSE COMMUNICATED THAT SHE COULD SET "JEN" UP LIKE SHE DID ANOTHER OF HER DIVERS.

Given my limited experience of being married for 25 years and having 2 daughters, 100% of the women in my life would choose the book and bed over the cold, difficult east side dive in bad weather. Is this a surprise to you gung-ho dive at all costs who's dick is bigger I had more air than you dive gurus?

Sheesh. You guys really need a hobby that doesn't include the internet.

I think you're problem is that your dive ops don't participate on the board to the extent BXTS does. I've never seen a post from Scubamau, I've never seen a post from Living Underwater, I've seen a few from Dave at Aldora, and that's about it. If they do post, they certainly do not add as much to the discussion as Christi does. Seems to me the bone you have to pick is with your dive op, get them on the board and have them contribute, then you won't have to shill for them or try to take to focus off of BXTS, who is represented well and appropriately by Christi. Every one of you have benefited from the information she provides, whether you'll admit it or not. Even if you tried just one of the restaurants she recommends or looked at a weather post she made.

I think the best idea is that you clowns just leave ScubaBoard and start your own, the audacity you have to argue with the SB owner is the WOW. This is not a democracy, he owns it, his rules, his interpretations, you get to lump it or leave. End of story. I vote for leave.

Let's do this one more time and see if it will make sense to you this time:
"Hey Jen - it's true! Aldora has two boats over there and they sent out one boat this morning. It is for qualified divers only, so not for newbie divers - of course you are MORE than qualified! I actually had a diver set up this morning to go out with them, but even in this cold rainy weather - east side diving is not a fun option! The only thing worth doing today is staying in with a good book or a movie and snuggled up in bed! Wish that's where I was!"

In the absence of anything productive to add or counter to the facts in my post, Divecozumel posts that.

It is clear that I have the self-awareness to remove posts (or better yet not post them at all) that don't add to the discussion or are inappropriate. Divecozumel does not.

Got my iced tea and :popcorn:......so I am going to the chamber with stuff in my teeth :D

What is wrong with you people?

I think the best idea is that you clowns just leave ScubaBoard and start your own, the audacity you have to argue with the SB owner is the WOW. This is not a democracy, he owns it, his rules, his interpretations, you get to lump it or leave. End of story. I vote for leave.

Let's do this one more time and see if it will make sense to you this time:
"Hey Jen - it's true! Aldora has two boats over there and they sent out one boat this morning. It is for qualified divers only, so not for newbie divers - of course you are MORE than qualified! I actually had a diver set up this morning to go out with them, but even in this cold rainy weather - east side diving is not a fun option! The only thing worth doing today is staying in with a good book or a movie and snuggled up in bed! Wish that's where I was!"

The only thing "wrong" with us is we don't see it the same way you do.
I read it again, it makes me think she had someone set up to dive but she talked them out of it.

Yeah, you're right, I should never have lunch, drinks, or go diving with Pete again :rofl3:

And for whatever it's worth, that's not how Pete governs the board. You have no idea how many times I've told him "just make an executive decision" but he always defers judgement to his advisor staff.

In an earlier post, I stated we'll have to agree to disagree. Are you willing to agree to disagree JayJoans??

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom