Where to post trips? (Split from Diving East Side of Island)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billindenver

Contributor
Reaction score
Denver...miles and miles from the nearest salt wat
# of dives
500 - 999

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Cave Diver:
Discussion regarding the policies/procedures for posting of trips has been moved to site support. The discussion can continue here so as to not detract from the original thread while staff reviews and attempts to clarify the current position on these postings.

They moved the other thread? Wow. With the vast majority of threads in a scuba board being about dive ops, that seems quite odd to me. Will they be moving all of the dive op related threads out of the Cozumel section now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone-I am hugely interested in diving the east side of the island and I would like to read your experiences over there. Has anyone got any vids or pics. I know of only one dive op that goes over there.
If you want to know who that is pm me because I dont want this thread sent to the retail forum like that last one I started. I started the other thread to get the reviews of diving there. I also posted the deal the I know of going there. Someone got their fins in a knot over that and had it reported and removed. So lets try and not feed the trolls with company info. I dont know how this will affect other threads now wanting to talk about their dive ops and the way they dive. I hope it doesnt affect anything.:D kev

Hi Christi-TC moved MY thread not Aldoras'. You have chimed in on countless threads to add details of your op so people can be better informed of what goes on with you and your people/operation. I think that is valid.:)
I started the thread not Dave. He came in very late to add details, that is ok by me. I will not receive any form of compenstation for Aldora for the notification of this opportunity. I really, really wanted people to know about this so diving vacations arent shattered. Most dive ops would tell their clients about this dive if asked but I'm sure they dont promote it before hand for fear of loosing clients. IMHO.:idk:

For what this is worth, I just got an email back from Aldora. They arent going to charge me the $5000.00us deposit for the east side dive that I mistakenly inputed. Just $50.00. That's good now I can put gas in my trucks today. hahahaha.:rofl3:

Actually Kevin - Dave started a thread previous to yours that asked where he could post information about this dive - he asked about the marketplace forum - so that's what I was referring to.

Your thread "Can't go wrong with this" was the one I was referring to as moved. If there was another one you are referring to, I guess I missed it - sorry.

Didn't mean to cause any confusion.

I started the thread not Dave. He came in very late to add details, that is ok by me. I will not receive any form of compenstation for Aldora for the notification of this opportunity.
An offer is an offer, no matter WHO posts it. It's almost impossible for us to tell who is who on every forum that exists on ScubaBoard, so we put ALL offerings in our Trips and Marketplace... Cozumel.

• You can start a thread in this forum to tell us about the wonderful time you had with a dive op.
  • You can start a thread in this forum to tell us about the abysmal time you had with a dive op.
  • You can start a thread in this forum to ask us what dive ops to use or to avoid. You can respond with offers at this point.
  • You can't start a thread in this forum to tell us about YOUR or any one else's offer. (period) We call this forum spam.
  • You can't start a thread in this forum telling us about a specific trip(s) that will be taking place in the future (unless to ask advice about it).Use the forum that was designed for ALL trips (not just commercial ones).
  • Use the
    report.gif
    bad post link to tell us when others have gone astray.

Rewording an offer so that it skirts these rules goes against the spirit of the ToS as well as the helpful nature of the forum. It also creates more work for me and my moderators and is not appreciated.

If you send me a PM stating your case, PLEASE give me 72 hours to respond. I am an active diver/instructor and don't live behind this screen. In the mean time please show some patience and SIT ON YOUR HANDS until you hear from me. We certainly don't need to have needless drama in the Coz forum caused by someone's impatience.

We normally DON'T share the ID of the person who reports any post, but in this case, I will make an exception: it was ME. I reported it because it was an OFFER and all offers (commercial or otherwise) belong in the Trips and Marketplace... Cozumel. I certainly hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • You can't start a thread in this forum telling us about a specific trip(s) that will be taking place in the future (unless to ask advice about it).Use the forum that was designed for ALL trips (not just commercial ones).
Thanks for the bully tactic Pete.
1. Are you telling us that every diver from now on cannot tell anyone about an upcoming dive adventure they are about to do? (unless we ask?)or just leave the Coz site and come here.
2. Are you telling me that every diver that is going on a vacation and telling the name of the op they are using, the dive hotel they are staying at, and they dive sites they plan on hitting are contacting your mods to see if their post is going to be legit enough for you?

That just wiped out the Cozumel forum if it is. All we do is tell people how, where, what, when and who with respect to diving at Coz.
All this policing because Cozumel was shut down for diving because of weather. It is one of the spots in the world with opposing weather systems that can give a diver another choice for diving besides cenotes. I posted what I'm going to do, you say thats wrong. Man nearly every post in the Cozumel forum tells of our adventures that we are about to have.

Bully tactic? We do ask that you post trips in the trip forum. The main forum is left for discussions about things germane to Cozumel including trip, dive, resort and charter reports.

I hardly see how asking you to respect the schema of this forum is bullying you. It's a simple concept and all of our other regional forums seem to handle it just fine.

The main forum is left for discussions about things germane to Cozumel including trip, dive, resort and charter reports.

I hardly see how asking you to respect the schema of this forum is bullying you. It's a simple concept and all of our other regional forums seem to handle it just fine.
Pete I was talking of my trip and part of that trip is going to the east side. I personally dont know anyone that has done the dives so I asked the questions. On my Original thread you censored I told everyone of the dive trip I was going on, I may have said the word 'offer' but thats splitting hairs is it not. I've read nearly every dive forum. They all sound like the one I posted in some way or another. And things germane to the Coz forum are our trips that are offered by our fav dive ops and not so fav for that matter. There is a thread posted today with prices, names, locations, apparently all things 'illegal' in post rules, but thats the way weve been posting for years. Nothing wrong with that. If you look at any of my posts you will not see one post to do with money. So how can the last one be a bad post if I dont have money in it. Taking this thread and moving it was very wrong, I likely will move back to the Scubatoys board. I finally got used to all the bashing here, this is too much. NOT SURE WHO YOUR TRYING TO FAVOUR HERE PETE BUT IT'S WRONG.
AND YOUR HIDING BEHIND YOU TOS.

By the way Pete how very politiciany of you to not answer my questions in #26

Kev, I may very well be wrong here but the thread was moved right after Dave at Aldora posted to the thread about the service they were offering. Could that be the difference? I'm fine with the thread wherever it may be because the subscribed threads feature finds it for me wherever it may be hiding. Not really sure why you're so upset over this though.

Kev, I may very well be wrong here but the thread was moved right after Dave at Aldora posted to the thread about the service they were offering. Could that be the difference? I'm fine with the thread wherever it may be because the subscribed threads feature finds it for me wherever it may be hiding. Not really sure why you're so upset over this though.
No. The OP makes all the difference in the world. The thrust of this as well as the other thread was to promote a dive op. Kev just doesn't feel the rules should apply to him as it should to everyone. Sad that.

I believe what is probably bothering Kev is how very often one certain dive op promotes in here with impunity, while posters with nothing to gain are censored when and if that certain op isn't the target of said promotion. Set a standard and enforce it equally. I could spend 30 minutes cutting and pasting to prove the point, but then the thread would be deleted...and I'll not do that to Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom