Where to go????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While many have chimed in, I would like more information on your and your son's diving ability before giving a recommendation. For instance, are you both comfortable diving on your own? or prefer to be with a dive guide? Do you want to just dive or do a couple of dives in the am and something else in pm?

Too bad, it is getting more and more difficult to go anywhere in the world. One of the main issues is that practically all popular dive destinations are in third world countries or in less prosperous areas with lower priority in the vaccination delivery list. The white western guys gobbled up everything leaving nothing for the poorer darker nations.
I did not think that’s necessarily true. Here in Colombia I’m surprised at how many are reluctant to take the vaccine even though it’s widely available. In the beginning when just the elderly could get jabbed demand was great but now it’s been hard filling up the vaccine venues. It’s weird because everyone uses a mask but it seems many feel they don’t need the vaccine.

Roatan is nice, I would also recommend San Andrés, Nuqui, Malpelo or Gorgona which are all in a Colombia. I’d stay as close to home as possible.

I always thought it was “Kroyx

What kind’a language they speak there?
English is the official and predominant language here, but not uncommon to hear Spanish among the Puerto Rican population and a form of "Virgin Islands Creole" spoken in informal settings among many locals "Crucians".

The actual name St. Croix originally came from the Spanish when Christopher Columbus landed here and named our island Santa Cruz. When the Dutch moved in, they renamed it Saint Croix.

English is….

We have always had a very positive experience on your rock, however you think it’s pronounced.

Say-unt Kroy-ex. (A Texan taught me how to say it)

Are you a dive resort/dive shop or a travel agent and work with several resorts and dive shops?
Greetings BoltSnap,
We are a local (licensed) travel agency, specializing in diving travel. We work with numerous suppliers (dive shops, tours, accommodations...etc) on island. As a local business, we try and customize each guest's holiday, highlighting St. Croix's natural beauty above and below. We realize most folks can book on big booking engines but we like to keep it simple, work directly with local suppliers and work directly with our guests.

we've been to Bonaire and Roatan - both pre pandemic, but had great dive experiences at both. Our place in Roatan was very much off the beaten path (more like summer camp), but the diving was superb. Bonaire we loved because it has so many options for shore dives. Honestly, to me the boat dives were not as impressive, but weve only been there once because it was pretty expensive for us. We love Cozumel for great diving...headed there in about 10 days. You can get a lot of diving for the $$ and minimal travel time and jet lag :) Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom