Where to go????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings from St. Croix DivingDogDoc,

I'm not sure of your timeframe or where you are looking at for flights, but we do have major airlines servicing St. Croix. Your location states Fayettevill, NC.? You could fly from there via American or Delta (connecting via their hub airport) or save yourself the connection and drive to Charlotte and take a non-stop flight on American.

As MWall04 stated above, our requirements are pretty simple and since we are a U.S. territory the return is even simpler (unless your state/county/job requires testing).

Granted, we are not as exotic as Bora Bora or the Maldives but St. Croix (pronounced Kroy) has one of the longest continuous fringing reefs in the Caribbean. Topside St. Croix’s history and topography make it as diverse as it is underwater. St. Croix is surrounded by secluded beaches and tropical fauna so you’ll have many choices of excursions to fill your time when you’re not diving on St. Croix’s famous dive sites. Underwater, St. Croix has over 50 dive sites scattered around the island, you’ll have a choice between wall dives (with shallow reef tops), colorful northshore reef dives, shallow sloping reefs out west and wreck dives (both deep and shallow wrecks). Oh, and one of the BEST pier dives in the Caribbean. Sealife is abundant on St. Croix with more than 500 species of fish, 40 types of coral, and hundreds of invertebrates that inhabit our waters.

We've got some specials running (depending on your time frame), let me know if we can help.

Wherever you end up have a fantastic dive holiday!

Are you a dive resort/dive shop or a travel agent and work with several resorts and dive shops?

Reactions: Doc
Granted, we are not as exotic as Bora Bora or the Maldives but St. Croix (pronounced Kroy)

I always thought it was “Kroyx

What kind’a language they speak there?

Hawaii may be a good option. They require a negative COVID test within 72h of flight

Won't be long before we have to resort to diving in puddles.

You get in a harness that connects to a sloping overhead metal wire strung out between tall, vertical objects (e.g.: towers, trees, etc...) and you 'zip' across from the higher to the lower. A popular excursion at cruise ship ports, and can be found as an attraction at some other land sites. Here's an upstate New York page with a photo showing a couple of zip liners.

Another poster mentioned 'all inclusive,' and that's right. What 'all' means varies. To a non-drinker like me, it means at least the meals, and often some snacks, are covered in the package price. Sometimes A.I. packages include some alcoholic beverages, and sometimes they don't. If that's something you want, be mindful the selection could be quite limited.

Zip lining is for masochists who enjoy atomic wedgies.

I am trying to plan at week long dive trip/vacation for my son and I. The four places on my list are Bora Bora, Maldives, Bon Aire, and Roatan. I've never been diving outside of the States. I want a wonderful vacation with great diving. Any thoughts?

Truthfully,
I highly recommend Cozumel. Cozumel's reefs are second to none, plenty of wildlife, the prices are great, the people there are over the top friendly, competent dive masters, perfect for you & your son. I can recommend a couple of places to stay & dive with if you decide to go there.

Truthfully,
I highly recommend Cozumel. Cozumel's reefs are second to none, plenty of wildlife, the prices are great, the people there are over the top friendly, competent dive masters, perfect for you & your son. I can recommend a couple of places to stay & dive with if you decide to go there.
HI-jacking. Recommend away.
The girlfriend and I are looking for a last minute get away Aug 28-Sep 4. Leaning toward Cozumel...Hopefully the Hurricane hasn't had too big an impact. Right now leaning toward Presidente, but open to other places.
Thought about Bonaire, but I fly standby on Delta, and we only have i flight a week...makes me a little nervous. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom