Where to get married underwater in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoshuaJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My fiance and I met last August through eHarmony and it was an absolute perfect match! We are determined to have an underwater wedding in Hawaii next spring. She just happens to have been born in Honolulu while her Dad was in the Marines, and at the Dive & Travel Expo in Tacoma this year she won 5 days of diving through Kona Honu Divers.

I already emailed Kona Honu and they aren't aware of anyone doing underwater weddings, so hopefully I can find more information here! It doesn't have to be on any particular island, we'll hop if we have to :) Her uncle runs a hiking/backpacking operation on Kauai so we'll probably be visiting at least those two islands.

Any info about underwater weddings, and best times to dive hawaii (regarding travel costs and/or quality of diving) would be much appreciated!

I handed my wife her new wedding ring in a shell at 110ft, she liked it so much I now give her all of her jewelry underwater. :D (only went diving in Hawaii once so you are on your own with the rest).

You need to check the local laws about getting married uw. My wife and I got married in Little Cayman a few years back and had asked about uw weddings. The pastor there said it could be done but it wouldn't be official until we repeated the vows on land. It would only be "unofficial" if done uw.

I am going to sign up for an online minister license.

You send me a plane ticket, book a nice beachfront hotel room, and supply meals and beer and I'll get you hitched!

LOL. I give my wife jewelry underwater too!

In a church in a town that has been flooded to make a resevoir.
Do they have those there?

I have not used them and I don't know if they are still doing underwater wedding but give them a shot.

TRADEWIND CHARTERS INC.
796 Kalanipuu St. - Mariners Cove
Honolulu, Hawaii 96825
FAX: 808-396-5094
Phone: 808-973-0311
Tollfree: 800-829-4899
Email: captken@hawaii.rr.com

Also Jack Diving Locker http://www.jacksdivinglocker.com/welcome.html. I used them for diving and the are a great dive center.

Last edited:
You need to check the local laws about getting married uw. My wife and I got married in Little Cayman a few years back and had asked about uw weddings. The pastor there said it could be done but it wouldn't be official until we repeated the vows on land. It would only be "unofficial" if done uw.

I was married underwater at Ginny Springs Ballroom last summer. You're correct in that the laws vary by locality so they need to be checked. Capt. Jim Wyatt was our cave diving instructor. and as a FL Notary, was able to officiate the ceremony. You might check out whether Hawaiian localities have similar rules.

Best wishes for a wonderful underwater wedding!

I can probably help you.

My next door neighbor, who also happend to perform my wedding a decade back, has a wedding business and I've taken him diving to refresh skills before he performed a wedding or two. He's been doing them for a larger company (I can only carry 6 passengers, him being one of them, on my boat). Check out Beach Weddings Hawaii

was at a wedding on the sea tiger dont think there was any laws pertaining contact alex at alex aquatic adventures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom