Where to dive in Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ambii

New
Reaction score
Hi there
I am from Denmark and are going to Miami in the beginning of February.
I only have one day to dive so I want to get the best out of it. Where should I go? I have heard that the keys are good, but where is the best place? Please recommend specified dive sites. I love to see animals and beautiful formations.
I hope you can recommend the best sites for me to visit.

Grab a boat and dive Spiegel Grove followed by reef dive.

Or double dip SG in the morning and take afternoon dives on the reefs.

Head to Islamaroda (just south of Key Largo) and dive with Conch Republic Divers. They have an online calendar which shows the planned sites for each of their boats each day. You can research the sites and choose what you prefer.

I love to see animals and beautiful formations.
I hope you can recommend the best sites for me to visit.

Key Largo is great... head down and see if one of the dive ops down there will take you to Molasses reef! Or some of the shallow reefs on the north side of Key Largo. Minnows Cave is pretty amazing IMO. Capt. Slate Dive Center frequents the upper sites.

The most beautiful coral formations in Miami are in the patch reefs of Key Biscayne but most ops don't go there which is part of the reason they are so nice. Try calling RJ Diving if you want to dive Miami instead of driving to Key Largo.

If you don't have time to, or don't want to, drive to the Keys, then I agree with Wiz, you will really enjoy Miami diving. You don't say what your training or experience is, but Miami has everything from shallow reefs to deep wrecks.

RJ Diving Ventures is pretty much the only game in town there and with nearly 30 years in the business, they certainly know what they are doing.

I am advanced diver.
We will probably drive to the keys. Where is the best spots in the keys?

Best spot? Too many to mention. There is no "best spot".

That said, if you're an advanced diver, check out Silent World, they are pretty much the closest dive op to Miami AND they cater to advanced divers. I hope this helps. :wink:

I would have to agree with DebbieDiver. I spent a whole week in Key Largo and dove every day with Silent World. They were great. We would say where we wanted to go for the day. We did the Spiegel Grove 4 times that week. It is such a nice ship to see. If you want a crazy dive with a lot of current, then dive the Duane if weather or currents permit. It is a deep dive, and goes quick, but it was a lot of fun. You wont be disappointed with Key Largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom