Where to buy hardware?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone here recommend a good place to buy bolt snaps, double enders, etc.?

I recently ordered a bpw from Tobin and redceived great service! The order went through on Tuesday and I got it on Friday, I live 1000 miles away. I ordered a new reg set from Scuba Toys at the same time and got it Monday, I live 2000 miles away. I ordered a couple bolt snaps from a shop which is supposed to be a good DIR type shop in the Seattle area at the same time. They finally processed the order and shipped it a week after I ordered it. I still haven't received it. I live 350 miles from there. I need to know a good reliable outlet for hardware, that shop won't get any more business from me.

Suggestions where to get this type of stuff? Thanks in advance.

Hawk:

I recently ordered a bpw from Tobin and redceived great service! The order went through on Tuesday and I got it on Friday, I live 1000 miles away. I ordered a new reg set from Scuba Toys at the same time and got it Monday, I live 2000 miles away. I ordered a couple bolt snaps from a shop which is supposed to be a good DIR type shop in the Seattle area at the same time. They finally processed the order and shipped it a week after I ordered it. I still haven't received it. I live 350 miles from there. I need to know a good reliable outlet for hardware, that shop won't get any more business from me.

Home Depot and Lowes have a limited selection of bolt snaps. Be careful not to buy ones that will rust.

Marine stores are a good source if you have any near by.

I will continue the question...
And for SS springs ?? Because 80$ at my LDS for spring straps... come on !!!!!
Home depot here have almost nothing in stainless steel, what a shame...
thanks

Hawk:

Boltsnaps here

http://216.36.250.99/nixdogcollars/

good service, good prices, fast shipping.

Hawk:

www.reefscuba.com has a good selection and decent prices for most hardware. I always got my orders within a reasonable time, though I don't think they are exceptionally fast. I haven't tried their webbing, but the snaps, triglides, bungee, etc. I have bought from them has been fine.

stefusa:
I will continue the question...
And for SS springs ?? Because 80$ at my LDS for spring straps... come on !!!!!
Home depot here have almost nothing in stainless steel, what a shame...
thanks

Look into making your own. There's plenty of instructions around the internet. I ordered most of the parts I needed online from McMaster-Carr. For example, I think I paid $11.50 per spring. You can get the rest from Home Depot. I've made about a dozen pairs of spring straps by now as gifts for friends and such. It's not that hard.

Note, while Home Depot has SS bolt snaps, don't buy these. The bulk material is SS, but the internal spring is not and will rust away. Buy SS bolt snaps from Nix Dog Collars online.

cmalinowski:
must agree about nix (http://216.36.250.99/nixdogcollars/DIVING_SNAPS.html). Although, TDL is a good source for stuff and I trust joel.

Chris

I'm reluctant to trash TDL but in this case I have to. The snaps I got from TDL weren't quite up to snuff. I threw one of them in the garbage immediately after I got it. The other lasted a bit longer but it too is in the trash. The reason? They were PsOS.

I've had very good luck with the snaps I've gotten from Bosun Supply (www.bosunsupplies.com)out of Maryland. I've never dealt with Nix but given the recommendations by folks I would probably give them a try.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom