Where is your passion? Is diving your passion or is something else tugging at you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Women, of course... but if I find the right lady-go-diver, I can combine my two passions into one fantastic activity!

Just don't scare the wildlife with your 'wild life' :D

3000 dives in 11 years ... I don't have time for another passion ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was really into skiing for years, telemark and alpine. I've moved and looked for jobs that put me closer to skiing. Utah, and Alaska are two places that I moved to just for skiing.
I was already a certified diver by the time I moved to Anchorage, and did a little bit of diving while I was up there. That really got me more into diving, so a year after moving to Anchorage I took a job on Guam and just dove. I took trips to Palau, Yap, Chuuk, along with a couple of return trips to Anchorage.

Now, at this point in my life, diving is it for me. I still ski a little bit in the Winter, but I don't pursue it like I used to.

I've sold off everything that doesn't relate to diving. I just want to focus on local diving, taking trips, and traveling for more dive training.

My passion is diving.

-Mitch

After reading these various posts, one might conclude that divers are generally outdoor types, like equipment/gear related hobbies, are financially well to do, or nearly in the poor house due to their hobbies, or some combo of the afore mentioned. :wink:

My wife is my PASSION :D !!!!.......Diving is my OBSESSIVE-COMPULSION :p !!!!.......

Diving is about number 6 on the list. Lifting weights number one. Although with a torn TFCC in my wrist from the latter, several vertebral disk hernations, numerous joints starting to click, I think diving might start moving up the ladder :)

Mopars, auto graphics, airbrush is my other
uploadfromtaptalk1339116693069.jpg

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Training is...always has been... always will be. Spent almost two decades training sales people across the country (U.S.) for tech companies. Now..... I get to train Divers! Can't beat that

JMac

Diving is my main passion right now.

But I love to snowboard and play video games too. I also love eating. If I had limitless amounts of money, traveling would also be a passion.

Horses in various forms was my passion for many years. From just pleasure riding to raising and training racing quarter horses and then to re-training thoroughbreds that had been retired from the track. Once I became disabled I moved on to having a passion to get out of that damn wheel chair.

While working on getting out of the wheel chair I fell back into an old secondary passion and started coaching the throws again (shot put, discus, hammer, and javelin) at the high school level. Then just before I finally made it all the way out of the wheel chair (which took five years) I got hooked on Scuba Diving.

Now I spend most of the year coaching the throws, and then spend about two or three months diving some place (so far Kauai, St. Thomas, and Fiji). But, I just picked up a 7mm wetsuit and so I may brave the cold SoCal waters and do more diving the rest of the year as well. If it weren't for kids and grand kids and the great kids I coach keeping me in the states I would probably be an expat and just stay in Fiji diving all the time. I would LOVE to combine diving with coaching by becoming a DM or instructor. Actually even at my skill level I did some of that on an elementary and unofficial level towards the end of my last Fiji trip. Helping the others and finding things for them to look at made the diving all the more interesting for me. Combining both passions would be awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom