Am I being a wimp about these dive plans, or is this how you become a better diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get out there and take the requisite training, definitely don't go on dives that are outside of your training.

You've already made up your mind and perhaps reaching out to us here is a a bit of a sanity-check and/or to validate your thoughts.

Both always good reasons to reach out to people.

Considering how few dives you have and your (justified) concern, I think dives two and three are not a good idea.

Narcosis and a possible panic attack at one hundred feet is a serious and very plausible scenario.
Any overhead is out of the question if untrained.

To maintain harmony with your husband, I suggest you do dive number one with him and either you both join another group or he does those and you do others.

Ok guys, time to close the thread, unless you are planning to speculate on why OP have not been back to check on a thread or even being seen on SB since the day after she/he asked her/his question. Now, if you are planning to speculate, I will keep reading :popcorn:

Ok guys, time to close the thread, unless you are planning to speculate on why OP have not been back to check on a thread or even being seen on SB since the day after she/he asked her/his question. Now, if you are planning to speculate, I will keep reading :popcorn:

1655646409099.png

Speculating is fun, should we move this over to the A & I section? Or is it too soon?

That is true for PADI, SSI AOW does run you through the entire 4 specialties
Very good point (especially in that AOW may not be identical across all agencies).... If it's SSI, then Advanced Adventure Diver is a closer comparison to PADI AOW.

Respectfully,

James

I have never found entertainment value in being frightened.

One thing I really, really like about diving is that you never need to be scared. You might have some butterflies as a newbie or new to some type of diving, but it should never be allowed to be more than that. A genuinely scared diver has poor situational awareness, poor memory, just poor function overall - it's not safe and you simply shouldn't ever keep going when you start to get scared.

So the good news is that you never need to dive when you aren't having fun; it's genuinely a bad idea. Don't participate if you aren't happy with the dive plan and feel free to stop at any time if you realize you are not having fun anymore.

You can get back to the challenge when you have more experience, or with baby steps, or never if that is what you prefer. There are a million ways to enjoy diving, you have zero need to "feel the taste of bllod in your mouth" for this adventure sport.

It's a fantastic sport because you can have wonderful adventures but you never need to feel threatened.

Back
Top Bottom