Where is your passion? Is diving your passion or is something else tugging at you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, we all love to dive. If we didn't we would not be on Scubaboard.

However, is diving your passion or do you have another demanding mistress? (I hesitate to refer to women having a demanding master)

I've been diving for over 20 years and enjoy every dive. But for me, golf has captured my conscious and subconscious mind. I think golf, dream golf, watch golf on TV, spend money on golf and (since I don't live near the ocean) get to play golf much more than I get to dive. ( :signofcross: forgive me for I have sinned. )

My question is: Are you obsessed with diving? If not, what has it's fangs buried in your psyche?

BTW, it's a good thing I'm a better diver than a golfer!!! Otherwise, I would have been dead a long time ago. :D

Reactions: Jax
I simply love to build furniture.

Certainly a more productive use of time and effort than my style of golf. :D

Certainly a more productive use of time and effort than my style of golf. :D
I did the golf thing and got to a 8 hcp, then my left knee warrned me to stop. (Torn miniscus sp?) But I have always loved working with wood even mixing my diving with wood working. My last dive trip to Hawaii, I bought 50 bf of Koa and a few other pieces and had them shipped home. It's a wonderful wood to work with.

1. Diving
2. Riding my HD
3. Shootin' my guns
Now, If I could ride my HD underwater and shoot at various targets, what a hobby that would be.
hmmmer.gif

1. Diving
2. Riding my HD
3. Shootin' my guns
Now, If I could ride my HD underwater and shoot at various targets, what a hobby that would be.
hmmmer.gif

Jimi, I believe a Glock 19 will shoot underwater, but I don't have a solution for the HD unless you buy a scooter. :D

My passion for diving is waning. I'm becoming more interested in powered para-gliders.

However, that too is on hold because of my job situation. I'm thinking of selling off the tech gear but haven't fully embraced that notion yet.

Diving is not my only obsession. I also love cars, and detailing high end cars. Heck, any car for that matter. I love spending days polishing paint and scrubbing. Most of the cars I do I have for a few days to work on. I have thousands of dollars of high end waxes, polishes, glazes, cleaners, etc at home along with all the right equipment and towels to do the job. I have waxes that cost more then some BCD's. I have microfiber that costs more than my masks. My Cobra looks better then it did new.

I also love firearms. 11 years in the business, followed by Army life where one of my duties is weapons instructor.

I also have a passion for photography, specifically nature and automotive.

Oh, and a high maintenance wife who is worth every penny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom