Where is the line between minding my own business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you ask her to post her dive profile from her computer? It would give people a more objective view of her dives, and if she is indeed ascending too rapidly, hopefully more people will bring that to her attention and potentially avert a disaster in the future.

She didn't listen to the dr. in Bonaire, nor the doc in PR, nor anyone else that has spoken to her. I doubt that even if EVERYONE on SB and divebuddy, and the rest of the scuba world said the same thing to her, she would still be the only one that knew what she was talking about. She is deep in denial and intends to remain that way. So I guess at this point, all I can say is, don't dive with her or take her up on any trip offers.

Jupitermermaid, you did everything right. You have nothing to feel guilty about. You very possibly kept her from making her last dive that day. She has no regard for herself or for the safety of those she dives with. She was unwilling to listen to the doctor and put herself at risk again. You have every right to black-ball her as a dive buddy and to post whatever is necessary to keep her from causing a multiple diver accident. It's not illegal to be stupid. She's a prime candidate for the Darwin awards.

I doubt that even if EVERYONE on SB and divebuddy, and the rest of the scuba world said the same thing to her, she would still be the only one that knew what she was talking about.

My unstated intent was also that this objective information become public and discussed, and that other people thinking about buddying with her can see for themselves what kind of diver she is and respond accordingly.

My unstated intent was also that this objective information become public and discussed, and that other people thinking about buddying with her can see for themselves what kind of diver she is and respond accordingly.

I realize that, but doubt she would subject herself to that kind of scrutiny.

I realize that, but doubt she would subject herself to that kind of scrutiny.

Well, if she's convinced she's 100% in the right, she may not get too stroked up about providing the graphs to "prove" her point. I'd be very interested in seeing what her usual ascent profiles are like as well - maybe she wouldn't mind uploading some from her other dives during that trip. If you're right about her usual practices, it's quite a stroke of luck that she didn't bend/AGE earlier.

Well I just read all...and there is always two sides to the story.. However...according to what has been said...and all correct...Thank god you said something....Good for You...I would of said something too and I have..and the person I said it to.. thanked me....they had there head up there butts that day... take care.
Tad-pole

I hope if I'm ever out diving and acting like a complete A-HOLE someone will tell me to dislodge my head from my arse least I injury/kill myself or someone else.

But "Have you been cleared by the neurologist; you crazy, freakin' dangerous, inconsiderate, nut bag" may have left a little less room for misunderstanding by her next unsuspecting victims.

My thoughts too. I would have posted a reply of "warning, the individual making this request embolized, then bent from flying against medical advice, on her last dive trip and is under medical instructions not to dive until well after the timeframe of the proposed trip. I blew my safety stop to rescue her the first time and had no issues; I was lucky. You may not be so lucky."

Back
Top Bottom