Where is everyone at? What you been up to? Where you been diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This forum (Southwest Sand Sharks) has really been dead for the past few months, wth happened? Where is everyone? I know I got a new job and I'm not on ALL-DAY long anymore, only a few times a week now, but don't see any posts by the "old" usual suspects anymore either.

Just curious, where you at? what you been up to? have & where you been diving?

-Garrett

I'm here...in N. Florida :D Been diving a lot - great visibility and constant temperature.

Seriously, Leaving for Arizona Thursday. Should arrive Saturday night. Short trip so not bringing scuba gear, but maybe we can get together for lunch or dinner.

BTW, have you been on the Matrix lately? I've posted some new videos there the past couple of days.

...maybe we can get together for lunch or dinner.

BTW, have you been on the Matrix lately? I've posted some new videos there the past couple of days.
Sounds good, I'm tied up Sat & Sun, but free then on. You making it up to the valley? I have been on DMX about as much as here but haven't browsed around much, I'll take a look at the vids.

-Garrett

but I DID enjoy diving with you in SB on the Oasis Divers trip.

Man, going on a party bus is the ONLY way to go!!!!! :D

We've been busy studying... We finished up our IDC/IE in November and have been hard at work on getting ready to teach for the new year. We've been working on a website which should be up and running soon (or so I keep thinking)

We've also been busy working with the kids club- doing some Discover Diving programs the next few weeks...

Which reminds me- it is last years post, but the info regarind the tax refund is still the same!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/so...school-scuba-club-needs-help-please-read.html

$ for $ and you're helping a good cause! you've got to pay taxes any way, right? might as well make the state pay for someone to scuba dive!

I blame Rob for the lack of activity. He was the bait that kept us fish coming around.

I've been dry since about June (with a couple dives in Mexico last month and a dip at Saguaro shortly before) because I got crazy busy with a new venture. I've put off just about everything not related to business--home improvement (my bathroom is still torn apart), diving (my DM advisor called a month ago and asked if I was still alive, and I missed the November IDC I was trying to hit), and any of my regular outdoorsy stuff (haven't gone backpacking in over six months).

My sinus infection just cleared up, so I'll probably try to hit a lake in a week or so. Then maybe I can report that viz sucks and the water is cold.

I blame Rob for the lack of activity. He was the bait that kept us fish coming around.
Me too! :D Actually with Rob moving and the handful of us who were on all day, stoking the fire (or fanning the flames :wink:) moving on to different things and with all the down time on the board all happening at once, I think everyone just got lost not to mention the lake has sucked for months now.

Where's a good local topic when you need one :14:

Good to hear from you AzAtty! I'll C-U @ the lake when it comes up and clears up a bit!

-Garrett

Garrett, we're planning on heading up to the valley on the 21st for some grub and maybe a little laser tag with Kris and Mindy. You should come on over to the east side that night.

Garrett, we're planning on heading up to the valley on the 21st for some grub and maybe a little laser tag with Kris and Mindy. You should come on over to the east side that night.
I'm probably heading to SoCal that night for Xmas so I can dive 22-25, but if plans change I'm IN! If not maybe I'll head south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom