Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last try.

IMG007.jpg Sibermike

IMG003.JPG Sibermike again

IMG013.JPG Mike and Family

IMG016.JPG Me, Mike, and my brother.

Success! The problem was an ID10T operator error. It appears to me I'm not a computer geek or a photograher!
04.gif

I use Force Fin Pros. I am always happy to show them off. Every time I am on a dive boat, the divemasters always tell me that others have come through using the "funny little yellow fins" and they all love them.

irishsquid,
Thanks for pushing on and posting the photos, we love seeing them!

dk2943,
Great to hear you are rocking the Neon PROs. I always agree with people on the boat when their first reaction is that they look funny. Then I ask them how many boat propellers they have seen with flat blades and remark how I truly see all fins with out shape as funny.
Here is to safe diving and good vis!

irishsquid,
Thanks for pushing on and posting the photos, we love seeing them! ...
Anytime, my pleasure! You wouldn't believe how frustrated I was trying to post those pics. :shakehead: I was ready to throw this laptop throught the window!:D

Love the force fins and been with them for almost 20 years now. Same 2 pair. see my pic on the left from the Hilma Hooker in Bonaire.

Funny thing - my two pairs are identical with a yellow left fin and black right fin. It always gets me amused looks but great ID for leading dives. It was quite a challenge talking the company into making two pairs like this. We had a long discussion on which was right and which was left. lol

Places to see them in use... John Chatterton uses the Extra Force TanDelta, although none of his shows are about the equipment so you don't see them a whole lot. They have been spotted in plenty of movies, and in use by the OFS- Jean-Micheal Cousteau.

As to the getting used to them. Just last night actually. So I was at underwater hockey practice last night and a good friend (and excellent player) was using my Excellerators. He puts them on, and one play later he surfaces and say "they suck". 1/2 hour later he was still playing with them. Later we are talking about them, he tells me, they felt weird, but once he stopped thinking about how weird they felt he could suddenly feel just how well they moved. Of course I was mesmerized by the amazing dynamics of the fins.

They do feel 'weird'. I am still learning how to use them properly. It seems to me that you don't need to put a lot of force on them to propel yourself forward.
I am making some progress with the back kicking! :) Sometimes I don't even need to move both feet...Weird! (it is definitively a ' Soakedlontra's free style').

I don't remember at all when I spotted the Force Fins for the first time. I know that it was several years ago. What I do remember is that Samobolino44 spent quite a bit of time scrutinizing the Force Fins website and reading posts on Scubaboard. After all that intense research, one day, out of the blue, a pair of yellow fish-tail looking odd fins showed up at the Rock House. I thought that their shape was very attractive. In those days I was not a scubadiver so beside that I did not spent more time thinking about whether they were actually any good in the water or not. However I had to listen to Sambolino44's Force Fins tales every time he came back home after diving!

Hi all :)

I was on a Open Water course yesterday, as one of two DM candidates.

Both I and the other candidate, aswell as one of the two instructors doing the course had Force Fins. That's the highest amount of forcefins I've ever seen at any one time :) And that's even though the Divecenter "we" work for doesn't sell the fins. Obviously the fins got a lot of attention from the students.

So Forcefins seems on the rise here in Denmark :)

Hi all :)

I was on a Open Water course yesterday, as one of two DM candidates.

Both I and the other candidate, aswell as one of the two instructors doing the course had Force Fins. That's the highest amount of forcefins I've ever seen at any one time :) And that's even though the Divecenter "we" work for doesn't sell the fins. Obviously the fins got a lot of attention from the students.

So Forcefins seems on the rise here in Denmark :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom