Where do you have your compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear my dive watch (Citizen Aqualand) that displays my depth and dive time on my left wrist and my compass is on my right wrist.

My computer is a ProPlus2 and is clipped to my left side waist Dring on a short 4" bungie for easy viewing.

Beat me to the link.

Putting the compass in is not hard, but the DSS directions are not good.

Hint: I dropped my SK7 in water that is coffee temperature (i.e. I used a coffee maker to heat up the water), let it sit for 5 minutes and the compass was dead easy to remove from the boot.

Just pay attention to where the groove is when you mount it in the DSS boot, and it's as easy as butta.

If you don't have a compass that DSS makes a mount for, there are ways around it. I have an Oceanic (I think....I don't remember) compass with a boot. I pulled the compass out of the boot and drilled four holes in the bottom. I pulled some bugee through and made it to fit my arm. Decent alternative if you don't want to buy a new compass....though I do have a DSS mount for my computer and it's much nicer than my make-shift compass mount :wink:

I use an Oceanic Atom 2.0 on my left wrist with an Atom 1.0 attached to my left shoulder D-ring as backup. I have eliminated the gauge cluster and for a compass I've chose a compass mounted on a small slate with a retractor that I clip to my right shoulder D-ring. I find the slate helps keep the compass properly oriented and is handy for navigation notes.

I like the computer on right wrist and compass on left, but I know people that are perfectly happy with a compass attached to a retractable on their shoulder. Others are just as happy with it integrated with their computer and attached on a d ring at the left hip or right shoulder.

My bottom timer is on left wrist, comp on right wrist, and compass(SK7) ina DSS mount on the back of my left hand. I know it's not DIR but it works and my can light is on the back of my right hand. If I ever get a scooter I'll move the light to the left hand and the compass on the scooter.

I use the SK-7 in Suunto's retractor and it works well with either hand. I keep it clipped to my shoulder D ring. I don't particularly like wrist mount anything, but then I don't dress up all "techie" and all.

My console has everything. Computer and guages and compass..

I prefer it as its not some thing I need to stare at non stop.. I have them clipped to me and unclip if I am navigating or coming up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom