Where do you go to quick practice or try a new piece of equipment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iceman900t:
...(assuming you don't live next to a nice diving spot!) ...
Doh! I go and jump in the water by my apartment. If I can wait, I hold out until I go on a working dive.

Many shops with an on-site pool will be happy to let you try out gear there. Never go shopping for dive gear without taking everything you need to dive with you. Hard to try out that new BCD at the shop if your reg, mask, and fins are sitting in your closet at home.

Since I try to get the local (2 hrs) quarry every weekend (I don't always succeed :wink: ) I try gear out there.

My pool. Not deep, but it suffices.

our dive shop has a night set aside a few times a month were you can check out new equipment free.

My LDS let me hang out during a few of their OW classes and use the pool at a local College when I was checking out my new gear.

I plan on wasting a tank or two at my in-laws pool this summer also (sounds like a fun way to scare the niece and nephew also!) to work on some technique!

Loacal lake (10min), the marina. Sometimes the Y with the local dive instructor when he has a class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom