Where do I go to see Anenome and Clownfish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's too cold to dive here so I'm planning my next dive trip. :05:

Where do I go to see Anenome and Clownfish? I was recently in Nassau and was a little disapointed that I did'nt see any. They are on the top of my list of things to see so thats where I'm going on my next trip.

John

Indo West Pacific. Basically from the Red Sea to the Tuamotus in French Polynesia, they do not venture as far north as Hawaii though.
Sooo your list is basically huge....but far away from the Caribbean

jpsexton:

Where do I go to see Anenome and Clownfish? I was recently in Nassau and was a little disapointed that I did'nt see any. They are on the top of my list of things to see so thats where I'm going on my next trip.

John
Would the other side of the world be too much for you? :pilot:

From one source
Ecology and range
Anemonefishes life in tropical waters from the red sea, the pacific ocean, Australia to the Solomon islands. There are no anemonefishes in the caribbean.

Anemonefishes life in close symbiotic relationship with one or more of 10 host sea anemones. Each species has a prefered anemone host, although most occasionally occur in a number of anemone species. Some anemones such as Heterractis magnifica or H. crispa host more than one species of anemonefish. Anemonefishes live mostly in shallow lagoons and seaward reefs.

You know, clown fish are no funnier than regular fish, right?:D

JT

:hmmm: Does the Disney aquarium you can dive in have clowns and anemones?

Denver Aquarium, guaranteed.

Roak

I've only seen them in the wild bonded to an anemone like that once; in Yap. It was a 3" or so sebae (sp?) clown and he was clearly ready to take me on.

jpsexton:

John
... you'll see them by the hundreds.

Back
Top Bottom