Where do I go to see Anenome and Clownfish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okinawa, just look at the pics ive taken there

The clown fish are not endemic to the Caribbean. You will have to travel to the Pacific and then you must be in the right regions such as Australia. I"ve been to the north east Australia where there are plenty of clown fish and anenomes. Also, PNG has plenty of them, Micronesia such as Palau and truk will have them. The Red Sea is also an option but more dangerous as far as personal safety goes than other locations. Asian area like Lembah and Komodo are also an option.
What is possible to find is diamond blennies and anenomes in the Caribbean.

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/memberimages/14440_112326584_File0022.jpg

I've seen plenty of little Nemo just snorkeling in the Perhentians, Malaysia...which is more affordable than Palau, Truk lagoon or PNG...Snorkeling there was what convince me to get into diving!!

Kill the Clownfish !!! in the Caribbean......

jpsexton:
It's too cold to dive here so I'm planning my next dive trip. :05:

Where do I go to see Anenome and Clownfish? I was recently in Nassau and was a little disapointed that I did'nt see any. They are on the top of my list of things to see so thats where I'm going on my next trip.

John

Blockbuster and rent 'Finding Nemo'

Sorry...it was too much of a setup

Paul in VT

I saw tons of them when diving in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Kenya in December. They were so plentiful, I saw anemonae with clownfish in tidal pools while I was beachcombing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom