When to call a dive... a question of limits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20 some years ago, my wife and I got on a dive boat in FL. The captain said he'd take us out, but he wasn't sure that the conditions would improve to the point where he was comfortable putting us in the water.

We arrived at the site and after about a minute, he called it for us. At the time, I didn't protest, but I was seriously bummed at his call - I wanted to do that dive.

In retrospect, I'm so glad he made the call he did. We were so poorly trained, and my wife was so scared of diving that had we jumped into the water that day, I don't think I'd have ever gotten my wife in the water again.

20 some years ago, my wife and I got on a dive boat in FL. The captain said he'd take us out, but he wasn't sure that the conditions would improve to the point where he was comfortable putting us in the water.

We arrived at the site and after about a minute, he called it for us. At the time, I didn't protest, but I was seriously bummed at his call - I wanted to do that dive.

In retrospect, I'm so glad he made the call he did. We were so poorly trained, and my wife was so scared of diving that had we jumped into the water that day, I don't think I'd have ever gotten my wife in the water again.
How bad were conditions?!

How bad were conditions?!

I don't recall them being terribly bad, but as woefully unprepared as we were, even perfect conditions would have been challenging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom