Whats your favourite things to look for while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy's fins and / or light. I look for these every couple of moments to be sure we're still a team. These tell me gas is close if the spit hits the fan down there.

Everything else just makes the dive pretty.

---
Ken

Nalidixic:
Just curious what everyone else out there likes to find while diving. Me personally, I love the cloud sponges and chimeny sponges. Always lots of good stuff to see inside those and they look so dang cool :) Anyways, whats your favorite thing and how come?

Nalidixic

No question-Stellar Sea Lions, lots and lots of Stellar Sea Lions! Northern Fur Seal pups are fun too! :wink:

Poog

Mermaids :)

Tropical: Moray eels, Octopi
Fresh: Crawfish, Walleye, Sunglasses
Cave: Blind albino crawfish

theskull

I like nudibranch, recently saw a few giant nudi's. So many different kinds, and they all look so cool. I like octopus too, they are amazing.

Nalidixic:
Wow! Thanks for all the great responses. RTBCAT, the shrimp you say on the anenome, that wasn't a candy stripe shrimp, was it? I'm ALWAYS looking for those. In on of my many books there is a picture of one at the base of a plumose. Also, it says to looking around painted anenomes, but I can't seem to find the buggers. At almost 50 dives, its still on my to see list. Oh well, maybe on my next dive!

Nalidixic
You may be a while finding shrimp and anemones together looking back in my log book Nov 9/03 is when I saw them. Have not seen any since can not remember what kind of shrimp but they were very colourful. Two shrimp on one anemone must have been my lucky day. RTBCAT

jstuart1:
When diving the carribean my favorite things to see are... and a black fish I don't know the name of but he has fins on the top and bottom of his body that kind of flutter....

Sounds like it might be a black durgon, a species of triggerfish.

Personally I like to look at everything except wrecks, but I see it all through my 1/2" viewfinder on my video camera! My favorite thing to spot is a beautiful female diver who is diving solo.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom