Whats your favourite things to look for while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nalidixic

Registered
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone else out there likes to find while diving. Me personally, I love the cloud sponges and chimeny sponges. Always lots of good stuff to see inside those and they look so dang cool :) Anyways, whats your favorite thing and how come?

Nalidixic

Nalidixic:
Just curious what everyone else out there likes to find while diving. Me personally, I love the cloud sponges and chimeny sponges. Always lots of good stuff to see inside those and they look so dang cool :) Anyways, whats your favorite thing and how come?

Nalidixic

I LOVE to find stuff people have dropped/lost. I don't know why.... I just get a jolt out of it.

When diving the carribean my favorite things to see are the sea fans, queen angels, parrot fish and a black fish I don't know the name of but he has fins on the top and bottom of his body that kind of flutter. Angles and Parrots I like because of thier colors. The black fish because of his incredible grace swimming in the water and the sea fans because they are so graceful and seem the ultimate indication of the peace and relaxation I feel under water

I'm always looking for round rocks and straight lines, one of these days I'll run across one of those old galleons.

I'm always looking for GPOs, 6 gill sharks, nudibranchs, scallops, vermillion rockfish and sunflower stars. I hope to one day see a Pacific White-Sided Dolphin. I'll keep dreaming though.

Gold Doubloons...it could happen :)

Paul in VT

Stubby bear bottles Ha Ha. Anemones are the best from lone pink ones which are like a flower coming out of the sand to Plumose fields that seem to be like a fog bank until you get close and see all the detail. It is amazing how fine the tenticals are on a Plumose anemone. Once at Wiskey cove I saw a small shrimp together with a anemone tomuch to list. Even on flat sand bottom if you look carfully there is lots to see, take it easy look around and relax its not a race. If you are breathing hard you are doing somthing wrong. Can't wait to go diving.

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses. RTBCAT, the shrimp you say on the anenome, that wasn't a candy stripe shrimp, was it? I'm ALWAYS looking for those. In on of my many books there is a picture of one at the base of a plumose. Also, it says to looking around painted anenomes, but I can't seem to find the buggers. At almost 50 dives, its still on my to see list. Oh well, maybe on my next dive!

Nalidixic

I am not looking for any specific things; I want to see it all. Of course I want to see things that I have not seen before. Whatever I find I am happy to find, but I will always lament the creatures not seen.

The best thing is seeing stuff that you haven't seen before. The worst is hearing about things from other divers on your boat, but you missed whatever they saw.

I guess I like to be a "glass half full" kinda guy, and be happy with what I did see rather than lementing what I didn't find.

Of course Turtles are always a kick to watch!

If I did find some doubloons, I sure wouldn't tell anyone! Not till I recovered them all!

Wristshot

Whatever is hiding under the next ledge, boulder.... I dont dive with a purpose of seeing specific life usually. I do sometimes go to sites to play with the wolf eels, or go see some octo's, but usually, it's just seeing what I'll find.

I do get a kick out of seeing stubby squid though. Only saw one so far.

And I also still really get a kick out of seeing something new. Still kinda like when I was just out of OW. You see something, think it's amazing, and then realize they've been there all along, and now you see them regularily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom