Whats your favourite things to look for while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octos.... it's turned into an obsession.

Ron Brandt:
Given the visability of where I am... my favorite thing to look for is my students. :)

Ron

Having been a student I'm sure they appreciate it! (Having after all been a student 'till just last weekend in fact, and still now, just without constantly being accompanied by an instructor :wink: )

Seriously, though, given that I haven't come accross any Octo's or Wolfeels yet, I must say that today we came upon a wall with a bunch of (rock?) fish hanging out as we were ascending from looking at a big cluster of anenomies. Coming up on fish from _below_ is a very novel concept to me, being a new diver and all :D

Bjorn

P.S.: Ness, perhaps when I have my new gear we can dive somewhere where Octo's hang out ... as long as it's < 59.9 ft :07:

Octopuses, I just love them, saw three baby Octos, last weekend when I did a night dive. Hoping to see some wolf eels and seals and of course Nudibranches.
Nudis, were the first thing I ever saw on my first ocean dive so they hold a special place in my heart.

Bjorn,

When all your gear come sin I'd be more than happy to take u to find some octos. They're everywhere... You just have to be patient & know what to look for.

nessum:
Bjorn,

When all your gear come sin I'd be more than happy to take u to find some octos. They're everywhere... You just have to be patient & know what to look for.

Awesome! :D

nessum:

What do you mean by be patient? I've spotted many-a-den, but not much inside. I've seen a few tentacles a couple of times, but that's about it.

Don't they know I just want to play?

I'm also curious where to find the little red octos. Admittedly, I've only spent one dive looking, but we looked in every bottle we could find.

If you want to see octos, don't take me along.

- ChillyWaters

jhelmuth:
... the dive boat?

(just kiddin')

Jim

and hopefully by looking up towards the surface (haha)

ChillyWaters:

If you want to see octos, don't take me along.

- ChillyWaters

*menal note* :wink:

:eek:ctopus:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom