What's your favorite dive related movie??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple nights ago on SleuthTV I watched a mid-seventies pilot movie called Code Name Minus One, which begat the '76 TV series The Gemini Man. The beginning of the movie is a deep doubles satellite recovery with the star (Ben Murphy), an industrial special agent, caught in the sabotage explosion of the nuclear power supply at depth. Due I guess only to his full face mask, Ben survives, but now has unstable DNA and becomes an invisible man! His bosses scientist (hottie Q) comes up with a spy-watch that turns his invisibility on and off, but he can only be invisible 15 minutes per day. :11:

What a Hoot! :rofl3:

They don't dwell on the dive scenes, but the sets and props are very entertaining! Unfortunately, she-Q doesn't get wet. :shakehead:

Since I'm way out West, I found out about Alba's Playboy magazine cover court win early and bought 5 mags before the local stores pulled them off the shelfs. They are safely stashed next to the Under Sea Journal with her on the cover (a sexier pic IMHO). Bisset's far superior attitude about being a sex symbol puts her head and mam's above Jessica in my book, so The Deep is The One for me! :D

The titles listed so far are showing the young average age of SB. Nobody listed “Beyond the Twelve Mile Reef”. :wink:

Gary D.

The titles listed so far are showing the young average age of SB. Nobody listed “Beyond the Twelve Mile Reef”. :wink:

Gary D.

I guess 50 is the new 30!

And 60 is the new 40! "Did they have diving back then?" Watch it, you're treading on thick water...

Into the blue. The scenery is REAL NICE.

Into the Blue was nice. I enjoyed Fool's Gold as well, pleasantly surpirsed!

But my all time favorite movie also happens to have a couple of diving scenes. Jaws. It had the opposite effect on me, even though I was just a little kid when I saw it, I fell in love with sharks and diving because of that movie, and the Cousteau special on blue sharks finished me off. Or maybe it was squid, but the blues were eating them. Whatever...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom