What's the price of air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$10 to $12 for tank rental (full): two LDS within 10 miles.

Central NJ.

5.00 for air, 10 for air tank rental, 9.25 for nitrox. 15 for nitrox rental. I have never had less than 3200psi there, usually around 3400psi. They have air and nitrox cards as well which drops the price a bit.

IslandFrog:
Guba,

Depending upon the shop I go to, it's $3 to $5 a tank. Of course after diving with you, I figure I have to cut that price almost in half based on our air consumptions. :D

Man, that's harsh! :lol:

I Work at a flight school and we sell supplies at a deep discount to students from other schools. they come in enought, get to know us and our operation and it is just a matter of time before they come spend some 'real' money with us.

seems like your LDS idea may backfire. but still $8, so be it. the guy does have to pay the bills. I don't have anything against a guy making a living. It seems that air is a loss leader though at most shops. somehow they lure me into buying something everyother time i am in there it seems...

Many ha ha, Brad. Hey, I can't help it if you suck oxygen from the water and put it BACK in your tank while diving. The rest of us actually USE air!

Yup, Amascuba, you're pretty close. You sure know your Texas!

Avg. $5 for 20%O2 fills, and $10 for full AL-80 rental.
$8 for Nitrox fills, and $15 for AL-80 rental.

Too bad you don't have a choice of another LDS to "support".:shakehead

Maybe I could ship you an air fill....I am in California. I wonder what the shipping would be. Kiddin....I could sell you a compressor though. If you are interested let me know

Back
Top Bottom