What's the price of air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS charges $5. You can buy "air for life" for $99. This is purchased for the tank, not the diver, but you get free air for as long as the tank is serviceable. They also have fill cards, but I'm not sure how much for how many fills.

The fills around here vary from $5-$7 depending on the place.

Free air fills at our shop :D :D :D

Air $5; rental of a tank full of air $10; Nitrox fill in your tank $10. It's the same at both shops where I customarily go. One shop has air cards, which bring it down to $4.50. The other has two sign-up programs: One for $500 gives you all the air fills and Nitrox fills you want for a year, and the other gives you unlimited air and reduces the Nitrox cost to $5 (can't remember how much that costs). Both also give you discounts on purchases and trips.

I love not having to feel bad about getting a tank with 1500 psi in it filled . . . :)

When I first got certified I paid about $7 per tank of air. That was a few years ago. Now it is $15 per tank. That is standard for the city. Nitrox is a little more.

amascuba:
$4 for 80cf fill.

I would be really interested in figuring how much it costs an LDS to fill tanks by factoring in all their costs such as: .....

A member on the board from Nova Scotia (?) posted a year ago or more that they bought a compressor and figured it was costing them under $5 per tank.

Bill.

5 dollars a tank...free with air card (25 fills for 50 bucks I think...) I also do fin, mask, and camera supply shopping with them.

The LDS in my area charges $6 for up to 100 cf tank. But I use the Fire Companies Cascade System to fill my tanks...$50 donation for all the air I need in a year, I usually get 4 to 6 tanks filled a week. 2 121 steels, 2 80 alum and 2 72 steels. So as you can see I got the hookup...:D

LDS is $4 a tank for air. They do not have nitrox.

I have a friend with a compressor that blends gas and he does free air fills and nitrox. I think he figured that air fills cost (not including the cost of purchasing the compressor) are 3.8 cents per tank in filter costs and electricity.

Back
Top Bottom