What's the nicest compliment you've ever received?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only was this rude, it was bad strategy. Attached women have single friends, and behaving like a gentleman is the surest way to get an introduction.

That's very good advise vladimir. I was at a wedding recently where the groom's speech started with "If I hadn't hit on April all those years ago, we wouldn't be here today."

I lead about 4 or 5 trips a year around the world. Two years ago I took my wife on her first liveaboard trip to Bali. She insisted upon making up the cabin in the morning, clearing everyone's dishes after meals and generally helping out the crew even though I told her she was a guest and didn't have to do all that. The owner practically begged her to stay on as crew. Alas, she was stuck going home with me.
Steve

I had someone (who's opinion I HIGHLY value) tell me, he would dive in a tub full of water than not dive with me at all.:blinking:....

Last edited:
hm... here's my thought on cavewoman's online compliment. it came off skeezy. now, that might totally not be what the guy was trying for - most guys aren't trying to be skeezy. but how much more classy would it have been if he had said 'you know, i remember you being so attractive in high school, and from your pictures now it looks like you're doing great!' low key, not a 'hottie' come-on sounding thing (blech!), but gets the same message across.

and larry thinks i'm a solid diver, a good mama, and beautiful - those are pretty good!

hm... here's my thought on cavewoman's online compliment. it came off skeezy. now, that might totally not be what the guy was trying for - most guys aren't trying to be skeezy. but how much more classy would it have been if he had said 'you know, i remember you being so attractive in high school, and from your pictures now it looks like you're doing great!' low key, not a 'hottie' come-on sounding thing (blech!), but gets the same message across.

and larry thinks i'm a solid diver, a good mama, and beautiful - those are pretty good!

If I say "Hey, nice ass" with a smile and a raises eyebrow, would that be skeezy?

:D

If I say "Hey, nice ass" with a smile and a raises eyebrow, would that be skeezy?

:D

Is she leading a donkey? :eyebrow:

Why not try "DAAAAAAMN girl, you got a license to operate that thing cause it looks like a moving violation to me!" :rofl3::rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

oh, randy, you could never be skeezy... :blinking:

it looks so much like your norm. :D

oh, randy, you could never be skeezy... :blinking:

it looks so much like your norm. :D

Good! You know I'd mean it, were I to say it. :)

Oh and Ber, I've noticed your "donkey" and it's a mighty fine one, too! :blinking:

Oh and Ber, I've noticed your "donkey" and it's a mighty fine one, too! :blinking:

You're such a charmer :kiss2:
Ber :lilbunny:

Best compliment ever?

"Bloody hell, how did you manage to get a girl like that to marry you?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom