What's the nicest compliment you've ever received?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Roger Steene on a trip I organized for him in the Caribbean to take photos for a new book he planned.

"You are one of the tough guys."

Note: I also did night dives every night. He did not!

A friend of mine said he would trust me diving with his two newly certified teens. To me that was a great compliment.

I'll throw in that my favorite was from a very experienced diver on our first liveaboard trip after being certified. He said simply "Get the hell out of the water!" because I had used my air very well and had been down for so long they were waiting for me.

I was told by A very astute Naui Instructor that " I was by far the best Diver he knew" during our last dive in my Dive Master Cert. class

"If something happened to me....you are the person I would want to be there"

They didn't realize I could hear the conversation, about me. "She's a good diver."

Still gives me a warm glow.

The best compliments are the ones that are not meant for your ears :)

I had a beautiful one today. Signing off on a Peruvian Indian students papers (he was part of a pilot programme - in his words he would be happier still running round with no clothes on in the mountains) for his graduation he asked me how I could be so wild and free without having any native blood in me. That was kinda awesome. Id much rather be told I look Free than I have nice hands.

Diving a few years ago in Sulawesi the CMAS directors from France - all old guys in their 70s - the Cousteau crew - arrived. After watching me for days and saying nothing in English one of them - Dear old Claude - wandered over and said "Today you were deep. You looked Elegant".....I took that as a huge compliment.

Best compliment ever: "You're a mom?!!"

Back
Top Bottom